This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

3bet calling range

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Hello,

when I have hands like AA/KK, perhaps AK, I almost always 4bet and try to get all the money in.
      1) Is this the correct play? When should I just call a 3bet.
      2) Can I assume other people do this too? Too often when I 3bet and I have callers, I assume that they have AA/KK in their range so I think that my hand does worse compared to their range (like, less outs) which influences my actions.

EDIT: What's a good approximation of a 3bet call range?
  • 1 reply
    • mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Silver
      i think against a tight 3betting range you should 4bet because you might loose value against AK QQ KK when overcards come or AK doesent hit an A or K.
      I also think you should not call them out of position unless you have a good reason to do so.
      if villain seems to be very aggresive and barrels a lot postflop in 3bet pots then it might be better to call.

But in generel i think 4betting and calling 3bets has about the same EV but im not sure since i dont have a sample size that can support it.

i dont know what stakes you play i play nl25 where ballance should not be a concern.
      but i think if the EV doesent matter you can just as well be ballanced.

so i think if you generally combat 3bets by calling then call them a lot and if you generally combat 3bets by 4betting then 4bet them a lot.

to me it makes me more comfortable knowing i have them in my 4betting range because then i can 4bet bluff more. But i do call them sometimes.