This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom K6s bad cbet ?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($46.95)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG ($18.02)
      UTG+1 ($23.20)
      CO ($50.32)
      BTN ($27.81)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.10, SB calls $1.35

FLOP ($4.20) 2:diamond: 5:diamond: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.10, SB calls $2.10

TURN ($8.40) 2:diamond: 5:diamond: 9:club: Q:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.10, SB calls $4.10

RIVER ($16.60) 2:diamond: 5:diamond: 9:club: Q:diamond: K:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows 7:diamond: 7:club:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 82.3%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows 6:club: K:club:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 17.7%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero wins $15.85

21/19, steal in SB 67 (3), f3bet 50 (4), afq total 28, 76h

Flop - he can have AJ, AQ, TT, JJ. Vs this range I think I should not cbet with this hand. He can call those often.

Turn barrel to get TT, JJ, AJ to fold. I can rep flush, Qx. But AQ now has hit.
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pre flop - k6s is strong enough for a call we don't have to 3brt this.

Flop - this is an ok cb board is relatively dry we have backdoor flush and one over card.

Turn - we can bet here since the Q weakens his range but I would also plan to barrel any river to get him off his weaker pairs.

River - easy bet here for value, maybe a small sized bet.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      k6s is strong enough for a call we don't have to 3brt this.

can you give guidlines when to flat and when to 3bet?

I currenlty flat when kicker is 8+. SO this hand I 3beted. Also his steal size is bigger, so I get worse odds to flat.

this is an ok cb board is relatively dry we have backdoor flush and one over card.

BUt his range is strong usually which does not fold imo, so why is it enough that it is dry?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

For the given odds which is about 33%, we shouldbe pplaying back a wider range than he is willing to open. And we have position so we can call pretty wide. So if he's stealing wide, we should be defending super wide here and we 3brt the best and the worst hands in our range, and call everything else.

What does he do with a hand like AJ KQ KJ here? They are probably folding to one bet and if they don't we still have chances to catch up. And I don't think his range is strong, he's opening sb wide and not folding too much to 3brts.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      What does he do with a hand like AJ KQ KJ here? They are probably folding to one bet and if they don't we still have chances to catch up. And I don't think his range is strong, he's opening sb wide and not folding too much to 3brts.

Yes if he has KQ, KJ , then ok, but I dont remember much KQ, KJ calls OOP unless he is fish, but in this case it does not look so.