This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 T T

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.83 (91.5 bb)
      SB: $4.18 (209 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.14 (257 bb)
      UTG: $0.68 (34 bb)
      MP: $4.33 (216.5 bb)
      CO: $0.89 (44.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.08, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.28, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) 3 J 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.17) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks

This is where i struggle in 3bet pots when i get called pre, flop comes with an overcard to my pair i bet once get called. then a brick comes on the turn. When they call the flop i give the opp in this example JJ-QQ AK AQ i think im in a mindset of when called thinking they've got something better than me and shut down. Forgetting they can also have AQ/AK where they could get a free card if i check
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrRaab,

Preflop: why are we 3-betting preflop? Value or bluff?

Postflop: As played you put yourself in tough spots for 3-betting a hand with no plan. TT is not a great 3-bet unless villain is a huge fish.

As played I'd probably either bet/call turn (to induce shoves from draws) or ck and let him take some action.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      I 3bet for value because of the stack size that was my only reason.
      If flop came low:

e.g. 5c8h2s I'd bet flop and turn unless Ace came

If two overs came e.g. KJ2 I'd bet/fold if it iwas KQ2 I'd just check fold