This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - T9s

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $13.90 (139 bb)
      SB: $20.14 (201.4 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $32.45 (324.5 bb)
      MP: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T 9
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, CO calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.75) K 8 5 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

Turn: ($3.75) 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

River: ($7.75) K (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Villain is 21/13 over 25 hands.

Pre flop I decide to 3bet as a bluff. I have position and will have the iniative with a hand that can flop pretty well in case he calls. Plus I should have decent fold equity against him to begin with.

On the flop I have a pretty mandatory cbet I think. He could have some Ax that he missed, and if he does have a made hand I have plenty of outs to improve.

Additionally, if I don't hit I can probably take it down pretty often on the turn against second pair type hands on a good card.

With that said, I think I should fire another barrel on the turn like I did. He might fold a K, though I highly doubt that. He might also fold a better flush draw since he's out of position, but that's also a long shot probably. However, he will almost certainly fold all his pairs QQ-99 or random 8x that he might have called with (98s/87s mostly).

That said, would it be better to check behind the turn to see a free river card and not bloat the pot too much with a bluff in a 3bet pot? Or is betting to try and take it down better.

As played, I didn't see much reason to barrel again. If he has a K he is of course never folding, and I only fold out the couple of better flush draws he might have, which probably aren't too many combos.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer flatting this hand. It plays well postflop in CO vs BU and I would prefer to 3bet hands with blockers.

Flop is fine.

I think betting the turn is good as well.
      He is probably folding his PPs, also some flush draws. I doubt he folds Kx however.

As played, checking back the river is good.

Best,
      Plamen