[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - T9s

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $13.90 (139 bb)
      SB: $20.14 (201.4 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $32.45 (324.5 bb)
      MP: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T 9
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.80, 2 folds, CO calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.75) K 8 5 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

Turn: ($3.75) 6 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

River: ($7.75) K (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Villain is 21/13 over 25 hands.

Pre flop I decide to 3bet as a bluff. I have position and will have the iniative with a hand that can flop pretty well in case he calls. Plus I should have decent fold equity against him to begin with.

On the flop I have a pretty mandatory cbet I think. He could have some Ax that he missed, and if he does have a made hand I have plenty of outs to improve.

Additionally, if I don't hit I can probably take it down pretty often on the turn against second pair type hands on a good card.

With that said, I think I should fire another barrel on the turn like I did. He might fold a K, though I highly doubt that. He might also fold a better flush draw since he's out of position, but that's also a long shot probably. However, he will almost certainly fold all his pairs QQ-99 or random 8x that he might have called with (98s/87s mostly).

That said, would it be better to check behind the turn to see a free river card and not bloat the pot too much with a bluff in a 3bet pot? Or is betting to try and take it down better.

As played, I didn't see much reason to barrel again. If he has a K he is of course never folding, and I only fold out the couple of better flush draws he might have, which probably aren't too many combos.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer flatting this hand. It plays well postflop in CO vs BU and I would prefer to 3bet hands with blockers.

Flop is fine.

I think betting the turn is good as well.
      He is probably folding his PPs, also some flush draws. I doubt he folds Kx however.

As played, checking back the river is good.

Best,
      Plamen