This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - 65s

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.52 (105.2 bb)
      SB: $20.80 (208 bb)
      Hero (BB): $13.47 (134.7 bb)
      UTG: $15.72 (157.2 bb)
      MP: $5.45 (54.5 bb)
      CO: $12.46 (124.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 6
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 3 7 T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) K (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.40) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $3.90, SB raises to $7.20, Hero raises to $11.77, SB calls $4.57

Villain is 17/13 over 62 hands.

Pre flop I decide to defend in position. I think this should be okay with a hand like this, but would it be better to defend by 3betting here maybe? Or is this fine as well?

As played, I think I should have raised the flop. I have a flush draw with a gutshot, and I should have pretty decent fold equity, as well as position in case he does call. Instead I played it passively on both the flop and turn. I think if I call the flop, it doesn't make much sense to suddenly raise the river with this hand.

I think I played the river pretty badly. I think the initial raise is borderline, but might still be good to get value from sets and straights. I have the worse possible flush (unless he has 42s which I highly doubt) so it's going to be very thin. When he 3bets I'm convinced I should have folded, since I'm pretty much 100% certain that he won't do this with a worse hand than mine.

So, what's best on the flop and turn? And is the river raise fine (provided I actually fold when he 3bets) for thin value, or is it better to just call?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

This is not a must-defend with this hand but if I want to defend it would be by calling.

I would usually raise flop with so much equity.

As played, turn is good.

On the river I am raise/folding.
      We are going to raise for sure as on these stakes people do have a hard time folding strong hands, but once he 3bets we are rarely ahead.

Best,
      Plamen
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Thanks Plamen.

I agree with raise/folding the river for sure.

Would you raise/fold the river with anything but the nuts? Or would you try to get it in with a K/Q high flush for example as well?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey,

With K high Q high flushes I would be willing to stack of as well just because we do overflush him with those as well, but with 6high flush we are usually having a bad time if he happens to 3bet.