This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 Zoom AJ bluff river

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.62)
      Hero ($33.10)
      UTG ($34.64)
      UTG+1 ($8.70)
      CO ($34.86)
      BTN ($28.99)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.30) 8:diamond: 5:heart: 2:club:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($1.30) 8:diamond: 5:heart: 2:club: T:diamond:

Hero bets $0.90, CO calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.10) 8:diamond: 5:heart: 2:club: T:diamond: K:club:

Hero bets $2.20, CO raises to $5, Hero folds

CO wins $7.16

50/0 2h

On river not sure. He can have AQ some of the time, and others should be made hands or hands which I beat anyway. Like Tx which is not foling on river, AK if it decided to go for bluffcatch.

5x 2x I think does not go as bluffcatch very often - they would cbet. 8x also.

So I think maybe better is to check and give up or c/c to catch busted draws. Not sure if there would be enough of those busted draws
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I would just continue checking Ace Jack high here. I think you have enough showdown value to play it passively.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I would just continue checking Ace Jack high here. I think you have enough showdown value to play it passively.

then what if he bets turn and river? On turn I assume its an easy call, but on river might be that after 2nd bet my A high is not that good.

Or another case - he checks turn and bets river. If he wants to bluff, he is likely to bluff flop or turn and then when he bets river, it might be for thin value.

So in those above cases most often its a fold?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yeah I'm probably calling one more bet, assuming that the board runout is blank.

It's pretty hard to say whether to call or not. The card matters, and so does the size and timing. High cards get bluffed at more often, but high cards also connect with villain's range more often as well.

It also depends on the nature of the player's style. Fishy players tend to delay their aggression until the river, when they realize that they no longer have any showdown value and will make some desperation bluff. Aggro players are likelier to bluff on an earlier street so that they can have the option of firing multiple barrels.