Pokerstars wont open

• Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      When try to open pokerstars I am getting an error.

Unable to get latest software version from server
      error code -2/-79

I try to re-install it but still getting the error

Please help
  • 12 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Acespeci,

Have you since fixed this problem?

The best advice I can offer is to contact PokerStars support about this issue and hopefully they can help you out :)

Let us know!

Gary.
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      By the way, are you NutSpeci on ipoker?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arthurbentley
      Random!
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Check to see if your PC time is set right.
    • Dimick
      Dimick
      Bronze
      It could be trouble with your internet provider, try to use other internet connection, through phone etc.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey Acespeci,

Have you since fixed this problem?

The best advice I can offer is to contact PokerStars support about this issue and hopefully they can help you out :)

Let us know!

Gary.

I havent fixed it fully as yet. I did a temporary fix. I cant open pokerstars from the desktop icon so open pokerstars.exe from the file destination folder.

I contacted support about the issue
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze

I am Specinuts on Ipoker if that what you meant.

Why?
      Did you see me make big plays in tournaments?

:s_biggrin:
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      You limped into my big blind on the FT bubble in the value added tournament. I checked back on the flop after making top pair and no kicker, and you again min bet into me. So I min raised you back to see where I stood in the hand, and you flatted. I was sure then that you was weak. The turn card gave me an oesd and top pair with no kicker. You again min bet and I re-raised you all in because I had enough equity to shove this holding going by my reads of your passive play. You then folded and called me a fish in the chat box! :f_biggrin:

Anyhow, we ended up on the final table and eventually faced each other heads up. :f_biggrin:

My player name is Dev6lTr6ps6 by the way. What hand did you have if you can remember? Also, limping and min betting is really bad. It got you into a load of trouble when you could have taken my big blind simply by raising utg.

Anyhow, congratulations for binking the tournament.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      You limped into my big blind on the FT bubble in the value added tournament. I checked back on the flop after making top pair and no kicker, and you again min bet into me. So I min raised you back to see where I stood in the hand, and you flatted. I was sure then that you was weak. The turn card gave me an oesd and top pair with no kicker. You again min bet and I re-raised you all in because I had enough equity to shove this holding going by my reads of your passive play. You then folded and called me a fish in the chat box! :f_biggrin:

Anyhow, we ended up on the final table and eventually faced each other heads up. :f_biggrin:

My player name is Dev6lTr6ps6 by the way. What hand did you have if you can remember? Also, limping and min betting is really bad. It got you into a load of trouble when you could have taken my big blind simply by raising utg.

Anyhow, congratulations for binking the tournament.
      Thanks.

That was my 1st win. I just started playing the value added Torny while I wait for the $1500 Gtd Top Gear torny to start.

I dont remember what I had in that hand but I think I had a hand. I was deep so I didnt want to raise you too much. I think I wanted to have cheap show down so I min bet the turn to stop the river bet if I check.

Limping I have better control over the pot and the pot is within reach to bluff at, I was limping weak hands and I was deep.

sorry for calling you a fish but you were risking a deep stack and am sure you dont have 2 pair are better.
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Deep? I was only 12 bbs or so deep, and you had not much more than that. Probably 16-20 bbs. I am sorry, but you need to stop limping at the FT bubble when everyone is so short stacked. You are inviting a player to shove over your limp unless you are trapping with a monster of course. But you always run the risk of the big blind flopping an unlikely monster by limping into them. Best to raise, even with Aces. If you keep on limping into my big blind with the view to stealing it on a later street, I'm sorry but I am likely to shove over the top with any half decent hand when my stack is only 12 bbs deep. At this stage of the game, many players are in shove fold mode. Well, good players are. You need to reevaluate your game and take into consideration stack sizes. Because you may get away with it in the micro tournaments but you will get punished in higher limits.
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      I hear you.

I still have a lot to learn.

Hey,
      Are you online now?

Am deep in a Torny and trying not to limp UTG :f_biggrin:

Am card dead
      trying to resist Limping UTG :s_evil:
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      The tournament we played in is very soft. Lots of donks or very passive players wanting to see flops cheaply. Even at the FT bubble where everyone is short stacked they still limp. So limping to steal blinds may work as long as you know who the passive players are. Players you know who you can steal from. But I think it is best for your overall game if you open raise. That way, you don't pick up bad habits that will get you punished when you move up levels. Because against better and more aggressive players, they will immediately see what you are up to and 3-bet you relentlessly.

I noticed on the FT bubble that you changed gears. In an attempt to chip up at the expense of those players not wanting to bubble. You may have noticed that I responded in turn. :D I am not afraid of bubbling!

Of course, with aggressive players to act behind you, you can limp with kings or Aces for trapping purposes. I do this myself if the table has a few aggro donks on it.