This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQ 3bet and barrels

• dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 40 BB
      BB: 67.88 BB
      UTG: 60.2 BB
      MP: 170.16 BB
      Hero (CO): 119.36 BB
      BTN: 115 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: K:club:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 4 BB

Flop: (13.4 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: 4:spade: 9:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets 8 BB, MP calls 8 BB

Turn: (29.4 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets 18.4 BB, MP calls 18.4 BB

River: (66.2 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
      MP checks

MP is some kind of a weak reg, opens ~25% in MP, folded to 3bet 5/8

I think pre is OK, dont really wanna fold and calling is not very attractive either.

Do you like firing 3barrels on this runout with our hand ?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think you can bet slightly larger on the Turn, like 20-25bb to put more pressure on him and force him to fold his weaker pairs.

This way, you can safely check back the River.

Here you are betting Turn, not knowing whether you did manage to fold out hands like TT or not. If you make a healthy size bet (you should anyway with your strong made hands, given that you're deep), then you'll be likelier to just fold out those hands on the Turn and not leave yourself second-guessing.

Thanks.
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      ok, so when this deep, I should be sizing my bets with my whole range so I am not left with an overbet on the river, right?

but lets say we are 200bb deep, would you use even bigger sizing than what you are suggesting now?

Or is it because as played, when I tripple with value hand and use my sizing I am gonna be left with an akward stacksize on the river, where if I bet less than pot on the river and he shoves, I cant really fold any value hand, so its better to size my bets slightly bigger and shove the river myself?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You don't necessarily need to use the same bet size with all your holdings. if you want to bet with KK/QQ you probably should bet smaller.