This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom AQ 3bet pot cbet

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($55.30)
      Hero ($25.86)
      UTG ($14.01)
      UTG+1 ($46.46)
      CO ($21.55)
      BTN ($36.59)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG+1 calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.10) 9:club: 2:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $2.50, UTG+1 calls $2.50

TURN ($10.10) 9:club: 2:diamond: 9:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $4.50, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $9.65

20/20 5h

here his range after calling 3bet I assume is AQ+, PPs

AK sometimes they call, dont 4bet. Migthh be that he is reg, from stats so far.

I dont have backdoor equity, but decided to cbet because MP vs BB - cbet can look stronger. I think he is folding 33-88 and AQ+ withoug backdoor equity.

Only the question is - does he have that many weak PPs. If not then I am not liking the cbet, becuase 99+ is alwyas calling.

On the other hand - assuming he is relatively unknown - he still might have even some random hands.

Maybe in game I had marked him as fish, which means he has wider range and should give up often. I think that really depends on if he is fish or if he is reg.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think this is a mistake. Your hand is definitely strong enough to call in the BB. I could 3-bet this in the SB cause of the poor playability arising from playing in SB but I think AQ plays well enough without initiative.

Post-Flop: Not much to say here. I suppose betting once and giving up turn is fine.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think this is a mistake. Your hand is definitely strong enough to call in the BB.

What about AK, QQ in this spot? Maybe should also call? At first I wast thinking I have to 3bet for value when he calls. Of course if he 4bets I have to fold, but he is IP, so he can call more.
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: I think this is a mistake. Your hand is definitely strong enough to call in the BB
      +1

Originally posted by mbml
      Post-Flop: Not much to say here. I suppose betting once and giving up turn is fine.

Thanks.
      Or :f_p: :f_p: :f_p: 3barell repping AA,KK but V ,in this scenario V must have a fold BuToN,and a low fold vs 3bet& fold vs cbet 3b pot and ofc WTSd on the lower side
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I think this is a mistake. Your hand is definitely strong enough to call in the BB.

What about AK, QQ in this spot? Maybe should also call? At first I wast thinking I have to 3bet for value when he calls. Of course if he 4bets I have to fold, but he is IP, so he can call more.
      If you want to fold to a 4-bet, then don't 3-bet it in the first place. Unless you're absolutely sure that villain's 4-betting range is only comprised of stronger value hands.

Vs tight MP opens I would just call.

Thanks.