This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom KT overbet bluff river

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.51)
      BB ($13.20)
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($44.93)
      CO ($29.94)
      Hero ($25)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: T:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.25) Q:heart: Q:club: 2:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

TURN ($3.05) Q:heart: Q:club: 2:club: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.05) Q:heart: Q:club: 2:club: 5:spade: J:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.30, SB calls $4.30

Hero shows K:spade: T:club:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 34.3%, Turn 20.5%)

SB shows 4:spade: 4:club:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 65.7%, Turn 79.5%)

SB wins $11.13

Like his hand reading, really did not expect such call

Unknown

Might be missed this flop often, I have backdoor draw, so cbet. He will call with A highs, PPs, Qx but his range can be wider than that.

Turn - actually now A high could be in bad spot if I barrel. But this is too low card and my equity is bad. ANd weak pairs up to 88 I think really consider folding unless he is fish.

River - now even if he is reg, I think regs fold often PPs to overbet. I was targeting A highs and PPs with this overbet. If he is fish, he can have some busted draws so additional fold ( I know I coudl check and win vs busted draws)

Of course by overbet I rep nothing, and reg which thinks can understand. If I have JJ, I bet turn for thin value and protection.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

You only rep 3 combos of JJ here. I don't like the overbet. I think you should bet like 1.50-2 if you want to bet, to fold out some Ace highs and low pairs. You should also be value betting JT/KJ/AJ here as well.

Thanks
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think you should bet like 1.50-2 if you want to bet, to fold out some Ace highs and low pairs.

Somehow I believed that they will not fold to such sizing, so thats why I increased, thinking that they will play weak w A highs vs it.