This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Evreyone here play 6 max ?

• fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Does everyone here play 6max. Looking in hand eval forum everybody seems to be playing 6 max? didnt see any 9 seat. I have no experience with that and consider it only for those with a very great deal of playing experience.
  • 16 replies
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I'd say most people play 6 max on cash and full ring for MTT.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      crazy for beginners to play 6 max
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      I've only ever played 6max. Think it just takes some getting used to if you're transitioning from FR.

Why not give it a try? If you don't like it straight away, just spend some more time playing FR until you're more comfortable.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Eventually you have to move to 6max anyway as there is very little FR action at midstakes+.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Im playing NL50 but stick pretty much to the fast ie zoom. So no shortage pf players. Ive tried 6 max and had nothing butt bad luck. It's also much harder to play alot more bluffing & marginal spots. I figur if u can't beat FR no sense even trying SH. So I dont even try. For now anyway. :]
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by fruitcake1
      Does everyone here play 6max. Looking in hand eval forum everybody seems to be playing 6 max? didnt see any 9 seat. I have no experience with that and consider it only for those with a very great deal of playing experience.
      I moved to 6-Max a while ago.
      Some major differences:
        The blinds come around a lot more often. You can lose a lot being too picky.
        Buttons and blinds are where the action is in both games, really, but much more so in 6-Max.
        It got to the point where all the new material was on 6-Max, and after taking the beginner's course I found it was a lot more enjoyable. FR now seems kinda slow.

if you haven't taken the NL Beginner's course yet, I highly recommend it as a way to get all the necessary material served up in an orderly fashion.

Best of Luck!
      --VS
    • AArvanity
      AArvanity
      Silver
      It's also much harder to play alot more bluffing & marginal spots. I figur if u can't beat FR no sense even trying SH.
      this, some time ago me too move from fr to sh, to feel it and play agressive HU helped me alot ;]
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      as a coach would u recommend sh for beginners? Im not even breaking even playing fr so cant imagine what would happen playing sh. Seems way to difficult while still learning/practising the basics.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      as a coach would u recommend sh for beginners? Im not even breaking even playing fr so cant imagine what would happen playing sh. Seems way to difficult while still learning/practising the basics.
      Hi, fruitcake1
      If you're not breaking even at NL 2 FR, there can be many causes.
      You might have flaws in your game.
      You might just be running bad.
      You might be playing at a time of day when there are way more regs than rec players.

To make sure it is not your game, I recommend taking the NL Beginner's course if you haven't already.

As for the others, as you play longer, they should even out.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      starting at NL50 (cuzIhavetheroll) & just beginning to see +results after years of floundering.
      The material's here have been very helpful. I started on lesson 3 of the beginners BSS course 2day. Tons of stuff I know allot but haven't practised. Seeing results already.
      Playing 2 tbls Zoom (9 seat)and slowly grinding out tho specially at HappyHour :) .
      dbld my online roll in last two days. :s_grin: Is very time consuming learning & playing this game.

Homework Is Hard Work
    • inoimbluffingdou
      inoimbluffingdou
      Basic
      crazy for beginners to play 6 max
      big risk - and a sure way to lose
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      what's a bit high? I use the 30+ BI BRM (for 2 tbls is a little risky yes but 1 tbl is np) for cash. 100 BI stt & 200+ BI for MTT. Im safe with that. but I allot of experience too from b4 I started paying attention. :f_frown: Ive paid for one those Supernova's sports cars put it that way. been there done that
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      How's HU vs 6max?
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Ive only played HU in sng's and I don't like it.
      6max I just lose & find it to difficult and it messes with my fr mtt game, that's why I don't play MSS or SSS, they totally messed up my mtt game when I tried them.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I'm just gonna quote from this twoplustwo thread.

Originally posted by tobe4funas
      6-max issue is pretty retarded imo and unless somebody explains me finally why im wrong im gonna stick with it. Playing 6-max at micro stakes or anywhere lower than 100NL is just stupid - FR is so so so much softer, regs are awful and the difference in rake is really HUGE. I've seen so many players playing 10/9 style at 200NL or even higher and still profiting... And Im talking about this year, not some 2005 stuff when everythin was easy. I don't see a single upside of playing 6-max. Sure, at a certain level you'll realize that FR games don't run as much as 6-max does, lets say starting with 400NL but until then you'll already have a solid grasp of post-flop play, specific pre-flop stuff and if you're beating 400NL/600NL FR you shouldn't, in theory?, have too many problems adjusting to 6-max lets say 400NL.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      +1 says it all really.
      i don't understand so few here seem to be playing fr. No shortage of tbls at Stars 888 or ipoker. I know FL can be challenge for tbls but then again that screws up my tournament game so i don't paly that. thanks 4the 2+2 link