Evreyone here play 6 max ?

• fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Does everyone here play 6max. Looking in hand eval forum everybody seems to be playing 6 max? didnt see any 9 seat. I have no experience with that and consider it only for those with a very great deal of playing experience.
  • 16 replies
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I'd say most people play 6 max on cash and full ring for MTT.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      crazy for beginners to play 6 max
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      I've only ever played 6max. Think it just takes some getting used to if you're transitioning from FR.

Why not give it a try? If you don't like it straight away, just spend some more time playing FR until you're more comfortable.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Eventually you have to move to 6max anyway as there is very little FR action at midstakes+.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Im playing NL50 but stick pretty much to the fast ie zoom. So no shortage pf players. Ive tried 6 max and had nothing butt bad luck. It's also much harder to play alot more bluffing & marginal spots. I figur if u can't beat FR no sense even trying SH. So I dont even try. For now anyway. :]
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by fruitcake1
      Does everyone here play 6max. Looking in hand eval forum everybody seems to be playing 6 max? didnt see any 9 seat. I have no experience with that and consider it only for those with a very great deal of playing experience.
      I moved to 6-Max a while ago.
      Some major differences:
        The blinds come around a lot more often. You can lose a lot being too picky.
        Buttons and blinds are where the action is in both games, really, but much more so in 6-Max.
        It got to the point where all the new material was on 6-Max, and after taking the beginner's course I found it was a lot more enjoyable. FR now seems kinda slow.

if you haven't taken the NL Beginner's course yet, I highly recommend it as a way to get all the necessary material served up in an orderly fashion.

Best of Luck!
      --VS
    • AArvanity
      AArvanity
      Bronze
      It's also much harder to play alot more bluffing & marginal spots. I figur if u can't beat FR no sense even trying SH.
      this, some time ago me too move from fr to sh, to feel it and play agressive HU helped me alot ;]
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      as a coach would u recommend sh for beginners? Im not even breaking even playing fr so cant imagine what would happen playing sh. Seems way to difficult while still learning/practising the basics.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      as a coach would u recommend sh for beginners? Im not even breaking even playing fr so cant imagine what would happen playing sh. Seems way to difficult while still learning/practising the basics.
      Hi, fruitcake1
      If you're not breaking even at NL 2 FR, there can be many causes.
      You might have flaws in your game.
      You might just be running bad.
      You might be playing at a time of day when there are way more regs than rec players.

To make sure it is not your game, I recommend taking the NL Beginner's course if you haven't already.

As for the others, as you play longer, they should even out.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      starting at NL50 (cuzIhavetheroll) & just beginning to see +results after years of floundering.
      The material's here have been very helpful. I started on lesson 3 of the beginners BSS course 2day. Tons of stuff I know allot but haven't practised. Seeing results already.
      Playing 2 tbls Zoom (9 seat)and slowly grinding out tho specially at HappyHour :) .
      dbld my online roll in last two days. :s_grin: Is very time consuming learning & playing this game.

Homework Is Hard Work
    • inoimbluffingdou
      inoimbluffingdou
      Basic
      crazy for beginners to play 6 max
      big risk - and a sure way to lose
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      what's a bit high? I use the 30+ BI BRM (for 2 tbls is a little risky yes but 1 tbl is np) for cash. 100 BI stt & 200+ BI for MTT. Im safe with that. but I allot of experience too from b4 I started paying attention. :f_frown: Ive paid for one those Supernova's sports cars put it that way. been there done that
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      How's HU vs 6max?
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Ive only played HU in sng's and I don't like it.
      6max I just lose & find it to difficult and it messes with my fr mtt game, that's why I don't play MSS or SSS, they totally messed up my mtt game when I tried them.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I'm just gonna quote from this twoplustwo thread.

Originally posted by tobe4funas
      6-max issue is pretty retarded imo and unless somebody explains me finally why im wrong im gonna stick with it. Playing 6-max at micro stakes or anywhere lower than 100NL is just stupid - FR is so so so much softer, regs are awful and the difference in rake is really HUGE. I've seen so many players playing 10/9 style at 200NL or even higher and still profiting... And Im talking about this year, not some 2005 stuff when everythin was easy. I don't see a single upside of playing 6-max. Sure, at a certain level you'll realize that FR games don't run as much as 6-max does, lets say starting with 400NL but until then you'll already have a solid grasp of post-flop play, specific pre-flop stuff and if you're beating 400NL/600NL FR you shouldn't, in theory?, have too many problems adjusting to 6-max lets say 400NL.
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      +1 says it all really.
      i don't understand so few here seem to be playing fr. No shortage of tbls at Stars 888 or ipoker. I know FL can be challenge for tbls but then again that screws up my tournament game so i don't paly that. thanks 4the 2+2 link