Back to poker. Need to refresh my memory.

• saraiva132
      saraiva132
      Basic
      Hello everyone, first of all this is what i have: a $50 BR in PS and a $25 BR in bwin.

I am currently playing in PS, started 4 days ago and i am half-way to chrome star. I made some profit but most was killed by the rake.

So, since i already made the dumb decision to invest $20 in PS since as i have been reading it's not the best option... and bwin doesnt seem much better(the BR there was free).

So, i didn't use any codes from this site. I'm not new here just new account.. stopped playing for 2 years. I want to know if i can link my accounts to earn SP.

Where and what rake-back % can i win, i had 40% in FT before i think.

I play S&G $1-$3 6-max and Double or nothing.

I would appreciate some update on the status of the poker sites

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post
  • 8 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, saraiva132

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

If you don't have any accounts on any tracked poker rooms, look them over and pick the one that appeals to you.

If you look at the first post in http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=150105, then reply giving answers to the questions, one of the knowledgeable ones will point you in the right direction.

Best of luck at the tables!
      --VS
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey saraiva132,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, if you have an untracked account on PokerStars, it is not possible to have it re-tracked to PokerStrategy.com. If you do want to play on a tracked account, you can take a look at the list of poker rooms Vorpal linked you to.

As far as rakeback is concerned, PokerStars has a VIP system, which you are probably aware of. Looking purely at rakeback from the VIP system, you can get up to 44%, but including other rewards it can even get up to 72% total rewards. You can find our entire VIP offer at PokerStars here: Our VIP offer at PokerStars

You can find the entire PokerStars VIP scheme here: PokerStars VIP Scheme

Hopefully that has answered your questions! If anything is unclear to you just let us know and we will be happy to help out :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • saraiva132
      saraiva132
      Basic
      I've read FTP closed the deal with PokerStrategy, so my old rake-back there is dead. Since my pokerstars account wasn't created through here (my bad) i have 2 options now that i can see.

1. Create new pokerstars account through here and move my funds there.

2. Create a new account in a new room with free money here, i already passed the test since i am not particularly new to poker.

Of the ones with free BR i would say for S&G 777poker or william would be the best
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Please do not create a second account at PokerStars. This is against their terms and could easily result in both of your accounts being frozen, which is obviously not what you want! In order to play tracked, it's best to choose a different poker room.

As for the poker room, I've heard that all iPoker sites have really soft fields for SNGs, so they should certainly be good! However traffic apparently is on the low side, but if this doesn't bother you at all then it's certainly not a bad choice.

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      @Tino sorry for off-topic question, but you heard of any soft sites for 6max microstakes? ;)
    • saraiva132
      saraiva132
      Basic
      I see from the Free BR avaiable here i can get rakeback at PKR, which is one of the iPoker rooms. Should i prefer that room because of the rake-back there? I read that from all iPoker in which concerns S&G there isn't much of a difference.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarliesB
      @Tino sorry for off-topic question, but you heard of any soft sites for 6max microstakes? ;)
      Unfortunately I have no idea! :(

However you can check out this thread and see if they can help you find a room for you: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=150105

If there's good traffic on iPoker, then it should be good since competition is very soft. But I'm not sure if the traffic is any good there. But like I said, you can post in the thread I linked you to and they will suggest a room for you to try out :)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by saraiva132
      I see from the Free BR avaiable here i can get rakeback at PKR, which is one of the iPoker rooms. Should i prefer that room because of the rake-back there? I read that from all iPoker in which concerns S&G there isn't much of a difference.
      PKR is not part of the iPoker network, actually.

However, like you said we do have a very nice rakeback offer on PKR to take advantage of. Also, PKR has a really soft player base. Many recreational players go to PKR purely because of the software, so competition is really soft. However, again I am unsure of the SNG traffic there...

If anything, PKR is certainly a good room to play on.

Hopefully that helps! And if you want more info on finding the right poker room you can check out the thread Vorpal linked you to earlier :)

Kind regards,
      Tino