This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 AJo/AQo vs flop raise same Villain

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Hand 1:

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (MP): $50.61 (101.2 bb)
      CO: $48.80 (97.6 bb)
      BTN: $50.90 (101.8 bb)
      SB: $48.75 (97.5 bb)
      BB: $52.87 (105.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A J
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 6 T 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.45, CO raises to $5.75, Hero raises to $14, CO folds

Hand 2:

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

Hero (SB): $56.54 (113.1 bb)
      BB: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      UTG: $60.90 (121.8 bb)
      MP: $17.25 (34.5 bb)
      CO: $31.71 (63.4 bb)
      BTN: $66.01 (132 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 4 7 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($13) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10.25, Hero folds

Both hands happened during a short period of time against the same Villain. I had small sample on him, but already seemed really aggro. His stats now:
      31/19/9 195 hands
      foldtocbet flop 58%
      raisecbet flop 18% (IP 29% (2/7), but it means the two above hands)
      AFq F/T/R 34/41/31

How would you approach these spots?
      In the first hand (which did happen first), I thought he could raise me with tons of draws, and I have good blocker and equity with overs, so chose to rebluff.
      In the second hand I also have good blocker and equity, but I thought I might have better showdown value with AQ on this board, and decided to call. Bad thing is, that I dont know anything about his barrelling habits... Turn is an awful card, and he bets big, so I decided to fold.

What do you think? Would be better to rebluff flop the second time as well?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey D,

I think first hand is way better to bluff. First of all you open MP so somewhat stronger percevied range when cbetting. Next, the board has a lot less made hands, he reps sets only basically for value plus maybe NFD that raise/gets it but you have the blocker for that so sets only. You likely just have the best hand there but bad playability since he always has equity so nh, wp.

Second hand though you rep way less value, he has way more made hands there (all 2pair, all straights, he doesn't fold lower flushdraws anymore, probably raise/gets it some overpairs that he didn't 3bet) plus you are perceived to be weaker with both cbetting and 3betting. I think you should just fold there. Your showdown value exists but is low and unlikely you get to the river. If you 3bet, you are also unlikely to get folds.

A line you can consider in second hand is check/raise flop because you get many stabs IP when you check that texture BvB.
    • Yozan
      Yozan
      Bronze
      I like 1st hand 3b/fold OTF due to the position and the fact u rep a strong range.
      Altough be careful ,with this guy maybe he raise or have tendencies to raise flop,BUT he also fold vs cbet a lot....so be careful

2nd hand the ranges are wider,in this spot...
      What's ure plan for b/c flop???
      For example I would b/c flop and x/s an 8of :heart: ,3of :heart:

That turn is a scary card for ure range 1nce u b/c flop,so V will bluff there often,BTW not sure V has 5x in his range,.
      I would check 3b BvB and 5b range if the sample is relevant,because 44-66 make great 5b shoves bluffs.

GL!
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      agree with hand 2 being good candidate to x/r flop, especially vs this opponent its gonna be a better line than cbetting
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      A line you can consider in second hand is check/raise flop because you get many stabs IP when you check that texture BvB.
      Yeah, it's one of the aspects of my game I try to work on, cause my ch/fold stat is too high anyway.

But as it seems, I dont really recognize the good spots yet...