This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl16 - AhQh

• gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

MP: $36.99 (231.2 bb)
      CO: $23.35 (145.9 bb)
      BTN: $6.92 (43.3 bb)
      SB: $15.68 (98 bb)
      BB: $12.56 (78.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $17.46 (109.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q A
      Hero raises to $0.48, 4 folds, BB calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.04) K 7 A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.64, BB calls $0.64

Turn: ($2.32) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.60, BB calls $1.60

River: ($5.52) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.64, BB raises to $6.08, Hero folds

I didnt had much info when the hand was played. He was like 20/14 over really small sample.

I guess i should add one small blind to my flop cbet size.

What he is trying to tell me here on river? Slowplayed shit or rivered 2p? Really wanted to call :(
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey gash

you could bet the flop bigger - if he has any PP then he's probably folding to any sizing, but if he has Ax then he'll call a bigger bet and so you get better value that way.

on the turn you could bet slightly bigger too.

on the river you could also go a little larger again like around $3-$3.40. as played it is always an easy fold vs his raise. normally i'd expect 77 to raise the turn and although AK will mainly 3bet pre, it is possible he called. but again i'd expect that to raise the turn as well and it is hard to see him floating 44 but also i'd expect that to raise the turn for value+protection.

either way i don't see any weaker hand that plays this way... the only busted FDs are Ax hands with SDV that will not bluff this way. so i just think he slowplayed some set or something - makes sense because he seems like a weaker player so he may not understand when to raise for value. rivered 2pair is possible i guess but he looks quite tight and it's hard to say he even has A6 in his range, especially for getting to the river.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      He was passive, so he might flat AK given that i opened UTG.

I dont think he would raise missed FD. (people rarely do so at these limits)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think u played it fine. U probably lost to some set or rivered fullhouse.

Thanks.