NL25 player tries to beat NL2 - STATS THREAD

• Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      Hello

I was a FL 1/2 6max and then NL25 fullring player. I somehow did beat both levels. Then I quit playing for some reasons (losing my bankroll after the Black Friday was one of them).

After two year I'm now trying to beat NL2 6max on iPoker.it (I'm Italian).

This are my stats:

Things that I'm thinking:

1) I could increase my BTN openraise range, as I open x2 and 27% success steal is good (28% to breakeven), considering also the 52% flop cbet success. Am I wrong?

2) I should almost only 3bet for value

3) Why is my steal from CO success so low? Should I adjust to that?

4) My turn cbet % seems too low

What do you guys think? :f_grin:
  • 8 replies
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      gap between flop and turn cbet is too big, and flop cbet is too high imo. you river agression is quite low too, that generally means you aren't going for thin value often enough, you should think more otr about spots where you could get more value, bluffing every once in a while can profitable too. and you should definatly open more on the button. other then that I think most stats are fine.

gl :)
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      Hey booomm

thank you for your reply. I'll try to low my flop cbet (this should automatically raise up the turn cbet % too) and definitely think about my river game

What range can I profitably open from the button (x2)?

:f_biggrin:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rothko
      Hey booomm

thank you for your reply. I'll try to low my flop cbet (this should automatically raise up the turn cbet % too) and definitely think about my river game

What range can I profitably open from the button (x2)?

:f_biggrin:
      it depends on who is on the blind, when there is 1 or 2 fish, any remotly playable hand is prob good, if you have a couple of aggro decent players, you should tighen up, you will figure out quickly what hands to open by experience, don't get too loose anyway, too tight is better then too loose :)
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      Can this be a good standard range from BTN?

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      your button opening range must vary greatly depending of the blinds. could change almost from 30% to 100% depending of how much the blinds call / 3bet /fold to your raises
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      your button opening range must vary greatly depending of the blinds. could change almost from 30% to 100% depending of how much the blinds call / 3bet /fold to your raises
      Thank you for the hint.

However, I'd like to know a range vs unknown.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      3-bet more in SB and less in BB (relatively speaking). Reason being you should call way less in SB and call way more in BB. But you should probably increase your 3-bet frequency preflop, as that seems a little too tight.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice so far guys, keep it up :)

@ Rothko: I agree with thazar, you want to have a dynamic button opening range. In some situations you will be able to steal with any two, and sometimes you'll have to tighter up a bit.

Also, note that these statistics are over just 4500 hands. That's a really small sample, so your stats at the moment don't necessarily have to mean or say anything.