This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom T5s bvb vs mr

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($28.89)
      Hero ($35.73)
      UTG ($29.27)
      UTG+1 ($33.28)
      CO ($57.58)
      BTN ($28.45)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50

FLOP ($4) J:spade: 4:club: 2:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2

TURN ($8) J:spade: 4:club: 2:diamond: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8) J:spade: 4:club: 2:diamond: 5:heart: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows J:heart: K:spade:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 91.8%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero shows T:spade: 5:spade:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 8.2%, Turn 11.4%)

SB wins $7.64

40/40 6h

vs bigger bet I would have folded but vs minraise folding looked too weak, its suited T high.

Flop - assumed that in SB he has wider calling vs 3bets range, like KQ so cbet with backdoor on dry board, but not too happy about it because AJ+ cann call, lot of PPs can call.

Sometime he can be a fish with much wider range so that can be reason why cbet can be good.

And I was remembering hand like this:

NL25 SH Zoom K6s bad cbet ?

looks similar. Only the the difference is the my high card is much worse.

But one guy said to just fold preflop vs unknown. He thinks that I am spewing money with too weak hands when I dont know their ranges of calling 3bets and calling cbets.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey SF,

I think preflop is an easy call against a minraise IP.

Postflop, a one and done approach is probably not the best. He won't fold any pair and probably not A high either vs one cbet so you have to be prepared to barrel.

That turn is marginal to bet. It gives you more equity vs middple pairs that definitely call flop but it's not a scare card.

My line would be to call preflop and go from there. The price is just great for that.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think preflop is an easy call against a minraise IP.

I tried to construct BB vs SB minraise flatting range based on that you said to call with T5s, because I am guessing each day too much what to do:)

I guess I dont want to be too loose because I am not too good so far at non sd winnings which are needed when I flat preflop wide.

Would that be ok? Assuming SB is unknown
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It's super relative to the opponent. I don't think 3betting like you did is -EV but flatting should be better. I would just not fold almost ever vs minraise, only a few special situations so then, depending on how my opponent reacts to 3bets, I 3bet more hands or fewer hands.

I would definitely flat all Kx, probably Qx, I would flat 65o+ for surem 2 cards above or equal to 7 I flat again, they are high enough.. Only hands I would probably flat less often and then 3bet, maaaaaybe make a tight fold with is like the bottom 20% of hands so like T5o or worse, 95o or worse, 84o or worse, 74o or worse, 64o or worse, 32o. Those would be the hands that you need some extra to either call or 3bet and, if you have no idea of either and are not confident to play postflop against unknown, I'd fold.