[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl50 Qq

• Holy93
      Holy93
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $50.51 (101 bb)
      MP: $21.14 (42.3 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $103.45 (206.9 bb)
      SB: $38.50 (77 bb)
      BB: $52.54 (105.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $1.50, 4 folds, BB raises to $4.75, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) 7 4 J (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($18.75) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($18.75) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $9, Hero calls $9

Unknown, but seemed aggro on a small sample (like 60/40 or something, but just a few hands)
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey H,

Preflop is fine imo, flop OK as well. River is most interesting because to me it's 90% he has KK+ here and you should not call but only consider raising or folding. Raise to turn your hand into a bluff and rep Jx or better or folding since you don't beat KK+ which is 90% of his range.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey H,

Preflop is fine imo, flop OK as well. River is most interesting because to me it's 90% he has KK+ here and you should not call but only consider raising or folding. Raise to turn your hand into a bluff and rep Jx or better or folding since you don't beat KK+ which is 90% of his range.
      hey manu. What is it exactly about his line that makes you so confident he has KK+ here? What do you think his thought process is?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey H,

hey manu. What is it exactly about his line that makes you so confident he has KK+ here? What do you think his thought process is?
      Preflop: YEAAAAH, Kings, let's pump it up! :s_biggrin:

Flop: Value bet flop with overpairz. :s_cool:

Turn: OMG, top card paired, now Jx beats me, I check, don't want to lose with my Kings. :f_cry:

River: OMG, he checked back.. maybe he has TT, 99? Let's make a small bet because I think I have the best hand. :f_p:

Disclaimer: Those might not be his exact thoughts but a rough replay in my mind of how I've seen people chat about their hands to make them face up in this spot. :f_biggrin: