This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom AJ 3bet pot 3way K63

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($27.25)
      BB ($57.21)
      UTG ($56.38)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($9.98)
      BTN ($26.02)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls $2.25, UTG+1 calls $1.75

FLOP ($7.50) K:spade: 6:diamond: 3:club:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks

TURN ($7.50) K:spade: 6:diamond: 3:club: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $2.25, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds

BB wins $7.16

UTG+1 14/14 23h

BB: 13/9 80h

BB looks nitty, so I decided to not cbet.

There are arhuments that BB does not have KK, AA but I think he can have them. QQ could fold to cbet.

But I dont cbet because of AA, KK in their range.

BTn MP can have lot of weak setmine PPs once BB called.
  • 8 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This is way too loose without any exploitive reads. I would just fold here. I don't mind 3-betting KQs and AJs though.

Flop: It's kind of close. We can all agree that BB's range is pretty strong so I think check/fold is fine, especially if BB can slowplay AA/KK or maybe flat AK preflop. If you think BB's range is weighted towards more mid pairs like 88-QQ, then betting Flop could be fine.

Without too much info I think betting is fine when the board is so dry and King high.
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Hi mbml,
      isn't AJ a good 3bet bluff hand vs MP?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      hm, yea. at least internet SB vs UTG suggested AJ to 3bet

this is SB vs MP. I thought not big difference, only that MP vs SB can fight back more.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      MP seems nitty over a small sample. So i'll tighten up my 3-betting range here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

this is SB vs MP. I thought not big difference, only that MP vs SB can fight back more.
      really? where did he say that? I would be really surprised for this play to be done by default. I feel like most players open 15% here and 3-betting AJo means that you are 3-betting 7% of hands which is like 50% of MP's opening range. That feels way too loose to me.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

really? where did he say that? I would be really surprised for this play to be done by default. I feel like most players open 15% here and 3-betting AJo means that you are 3-betting 7% of hands which is like 50% of MP's opening range. That feels way too loose to me.

Constructing bluff 3bet vs UTG and MP from blinds NL25

Against an unknown full stack UT 3bb raiser at zoom small stakes I'd 3bet to 10bb with

8% from SB: 99+, ATs+, KJs+, AJo+, KQo
      7% from the BB: JJ+, 66-44, AKs, A9s-A6s, KTs-K9s, QTs, T9s, AKo

or something close to that.

Against 14% this is too wide indeed. But I don't think an unknown open is going to average out to 14%. Against maybe 17% average it's good.

So its different assumptions - he assumes unknown is opoening 17%.. You assume its 15%.

Also I dont use 99-JJ as 3bet because dont wnat to 3bet/fold vs unknown then and dont want to get in, so just flat 99-JJ.

So now not sure to adjust my default range removing AJo or not.

Btw I did not use this small smaple of 23h, just 3bet as vs unknwn reg.
    • dozeer
      dozeer
      Bronze
      I am not a fan of 3bet bluffing w/ AJo here - its gonna be very hard to play vs EP 3b calling range - difficult to barrel on most runouts cos it doesn't retain its equity vs EP continuing range..

I'd prefer to 3bet some suited & connected stuff instead
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If im not wrong the average guy at NL25 opens 13-14% and 15-16% from UTG and MP respectively. Def not as loose as at Midstakes IMO.