Starting Hand Adjustable Matrix

• bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Hi guys, can someone please help, I haven't played for a while but I had a program that allowed me to adjust starting hand percentage and it showed on a table the rough hands for that specific range of hands. The icon was a muiticolored mosaic kind of thing, it was free and I used it alongside EqiLab, can anyone think of the name as I have deleted it?

Thanks
  • 10 replies
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Hi can anyone help me?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey bobbywelsh!

Sorry, I haven't been ignoring you but I've come up empty so far on which program you mean :(

Let me ask around some more and see if I can get you a response!

Regards,
      Gary.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I looked at some but none I checked match the description

A bit more to go on maybe?

--VS
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi bobbywelsh,

I'll have a stab at it and suggest 'Poker Stove.' but I'm not very familiar with it so it's just a guess.

Regards,

Mal.
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Thanks guys. Desktop Icon had a blue background with like mosaic tikes yellow, black, orange etc. it had the option to slide up and down to increase/decrease hand range percentage. Plus an option to include all suited connectors. It had an evaluate button to click and this would tell you what every single starting hand combination equity was against the range. Also gave you a list of hands with 50% + equity against the range you have selected? Hope this helps? Thanks.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by bobbywelsh
      Thanks guys. Desktop Icon had a blue background with like mosaic tikes yellow, black, orange etc. it had the option to slide up and down to increase/decrease hand range percentage. Plus an option to include all suited connectors. It had an evaluate button to click and this would tell you what every single starting hand combination equity was against the range. Also gave you a list of hands with 50% + equity against the range you have selected? Hope this helps? Thanks.
      Ok, that sounds like pokerstove after all.
      I found an old copy and ran it, and it does indeed have a mosaic-like icon.

However Equilab has a much better interface and way more features.

Cheers,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Ok, that sounds like pokerstove after all.
      I found an old copy and ran it, and it does indeed have a mosaic-like icon.

However Equilab has a much better interface and way more features.

Cheers,
      --VS
      +1 and it's not even close!
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Thanks mate. I use equilab as well but normally have them both open at the same time as I find it more efficient. I can't find poker stove for love nor money. All options to download seem to have some dodgy adware attached to it and I am dubious about viruses. Can u please email me the program? Thanks
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey bobbywelsh,

I can strongly recommend using Equilab over PokerStove. They are essentially the same program, but Equilab is simply better. I'm fairly sure Equilab has more features for you to take advantage of, for example the Equity Trainer. I'm not sure whether or not PokerStove is still actually being updated, but Equilab is still receiving frequent updates to keep making it better and better.

I don't really see a reason to run both Equilab and Poker Stove at the same time to be perfectly honest. If you really want, it's also possibly to run two instances of Equilab, but most of the time you will only need to have one active window.

Hopefully that helps a bit as well :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • inoimbluffingdou
      inoimbluffingdou
      Basic
      Thanks mate. I use equilab as well but normally have them both open at the same time as I find it more efficient. I can't find poker stove for love nor money. All options to download seem to have some dodgy adware attached to it and I am dubious about viruses. Can u please email me the program? Thanks
      Equilab is great..
      which do you find you use more between the two?