This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 99

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Hello,

no reads on villain.
      I raised the flop because my nines are certainly good now, but a lot of overcards can fall on the turn. I'm not sure if that's the correct play.
      On the turn I basicly have the nuts but the board is still dry so I cbet small. On the river I try to represent an ace or maybe busted flushdraw or so.

PokerStars - €0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 141 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
      Hero (BB): 100 BB
      BTN: 46 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9:club: 9:spade:

fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: 2:spade: 5:heart:
      SB bets 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, SB calls 6 BB

Turn: (24 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 13 BB, SB calls 13 BB

River: (50 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 52 BB, SB calls 52 BB

Hero shows 9:club: 9:spade: (Full House, Nines full of Fives) (Pre 55%, Flop 74%, Turn 100%)
      SB mucks Q:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Fives) (Pre 45%, Flop 26%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 147.6 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think raising here without reads is too thin. You might as well 3-bet this preflop if that's the case, cos 99 is good against most typical SB opening ranges, though I don't expect the average NL5 player to 4-bet light often enough to justify 3-betting this medium strength hand.

Turn: I think your bet-size is way too small here. You want to be playing for stacks now that you turned the full house. Just pot the Turn so you can shove the River.

Thanks.