how to get value

• atsjo
      atsjo
      Bronze
      This was a hand i played yesterday at pokerstars .10-.25.

NLSH Both me and villain has full byin, Im at the bb, and he the button. He has raised from that position evry time its been fold to him. but hes stat is 13/9/3. This time its a limper in so he raises to 1.25. I have 33 and will see the flop so i call and the limper call as well.

Flop: 3 7 10.

This was a great flop, but i didnt bet out since i didnt think i would get some value if i tried to stab here, and a litle scared of the 10. The limper check as well and the villain bet out 3 $, aprox 3/4. I called, and the llimper folded.

Turn: Q

This was a scary card since i could be behind with my bottom set. I checked again since i was out of position and I was sure he would fire another barrell. he did bet 3.5$ ? I figured i was ahead or if i wasnt the money goes in with a set and this board. and raised him to 7.5$ min bet and fishy but he called. ( hoped to get reraised )

River: 3

Ding. But how does we play the river here to make value. I raised him so will he call a value bet, check again, donkbet? He is tight so he obv has a hand since he called my raise turn but is he at a draw.

I have the fasit, and i didnt get any value:-) So it would be great if i can get some different oppinions about how to play set out of pos. against a tight player
  • 2 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi atsjo,

well, first of all. You have a set, that means you will stick your money in on this board no matter what happens. In this particular case I would have raised the turn to an amount that makes it easy to go all-in on the river. As played you simply push the river and hope to get called by an Q or an Overpair. I suggest to post hands on the sample hand forum. It's always good to see the real hand history when judging hands. Furthermore you will get a lot of comments there and learn a lot about the game which will increase your winnings.
      Here you can post your hands:http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1458
      Well, I recognized that you are bronze, so you can't post there. You need silver status. You can post your hands here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387
      But try to get silver as soon as possible to be able to post in the right forum. Furthermore I hope you are following the bankroll management. I suggest to have at least 30 stacks for NL SH, that means in your case: you should have $750 to play NL $25

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • atsjo
      atsjo
      Bronze
      Thank u for the reply. I did push it on the river and he was in the box until he timed out. After the push i thought it would been better to check, perhaps he would defend his hand with an allin. but its nice to know i shoulda raised more turn i had typed 11$ but ive reconsidered it would look to obv that i had a set. the min raise was to represent a queen, and therfore i think it would be better to check in front at the river since the board paired, and he could have QK- AQ and thats a hand u defend at this limit. And they dont think about that they will be called by hands that have them beaten.

And it sad to say that i have about 300$, but I withdraw when I reaches 450-500$. Down to 200$. Im not building to increase limit at the moment, I play for fun and to have some xtra money when i reach my goal. Its stupid but since I can win at this level its better to learn more about the game, and have fun. When u can use a little of the winning, its perhaps easier to make ur goal. And to build roll later when I feel its time to go to the next level:-)

ATs jo