[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Speed JJ BTN vs Fish BB

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Hello!

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.90 (59 bb)
      UTG: $14.51 (145.1 bb)
      MP: $15.69 (156.9 bb)
      CO: $5 (50 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $10.37 (103.7 bb)
      SB: $28.74 (287.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.23, SB folds, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.25) Q 2 Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($3.75) A (2 players)
      BB bets $4.05 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.05

River: ($11.85) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Preflop: Standard open and defend against a fish on the BB.

Flop: Don't believe he has Qx that often, since that board. I'm behind AA and KK, but decided to call, even the pot bet.

Turn: I should definitelly fold. Think there is no question about that. The A is one of the worst cards I can see there. That overbet look to me like he might bluff with some middle pocket pair, so I decided to hero call.

BB: 71/14/20,0/6,0/8 (VPIP/PFR/3B/AF/H)
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Why wouldn't he have Qx? HE has plenty of them in his 3-bet range, as well as KK/AA. JJ you block too well. pot bet on flop looks a lot like Qx, so I'd be tempted to fold here, unless we have seen him doing sth stupid before.

If you call the flop you have to call blank turn. That turn isn't blank, it improves him a lot, so I'd give up here.
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Why wouldn't he have Qx? HE has plenty of them in his 3-bet range, as well as KK/AA. JJ you block too well. pot bet on flop looks a lot like Qx, so I'd be tempted to fold here, unless we have seen him doing sth stupid before.

If you call the flop you have to call blank turn. That turn isn't blank, it improves him a lot, so I'd give up here.
      Thanks!

Yeah, I was pretty sure it would be the best to fold the flop, considering the sizeing, but somehow I called. The turn was pretty bad, as I said. Quess my tilt did it's job in that hand.. :f_frown:

BTW, he had AK...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Alleen86,

The reason he may not have Qx is not because of the board or action but rather because of his bet size. He pots that dry flop so Qx may think twice about that.

So I think that our hand is best often. However, that turn changes things and I think it's a fold now.

I'd call a blank every time there but not K or A.