This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 sh K9o overbet

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

SB: $23.73 (118.7 bb)
      BB: $20.10 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $11.35 (56.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K 9
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 2 T J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, BB calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.98) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.64

villain is 30/23 over 120 hands and isn't a nit in the blinds. no notes or info about how he plays postflop.

i flop a GS so i make le cbet. villain just calls so he's either making a weird slowplay or his range is really capped. i decided to slightly overbet the turn unimproved because i don't expect the blank to give me much more FE from hands like weak TP hands or mid pairs. if i can make him fold the NFD as well i think it's pretty nice. just wondering what your thoughts are on actually overbetting or if it achieves the same as a regular bet of between 60% - 80% pot. ty
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lewis,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given the board texture even the cbet is a bit questionable but since we have some equity and he seems rather looser it's borderline. I also think that your cbet size is too small.

As played you are playing a somewhat fish so I don't think you should expect a ton of folds from draws and you should plan the river if called.

Given how small you bet the flop I find it hard to believe you are trying to sell a story (you are repping 55). However, against most 20nl regs that are not paying enough attention this may work.