FLOP ($0.15) 6:diamond: 8:heart: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.09, BB folds, UTG raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.09

TURN ($0.51) 6:diamond: 8:heart: A:heart: K:spade:

Hero checks, UTG checks

RIVER ($0.51) 6:diamond: 8:heart: A:heart: K:spade: 2:club:

Hero bets $0.33, UTG folds

Hero shows 7:heart: 9:heart:

Hero wins $0.49

Villain is 27/12 and on the passive side over 120 hands.

The usual feeling with a draw such as this is to want to go bananas on the flop. But I thought a passive line worked better here.

I doubt he's folding much here at all once he raises, we're 40/60 if he has a set , and if he has all two pair combos then it's a flip. He can also have a better FD leaving us with 6 outs.

Is being more aggressive here a better option?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey ChangNoi77,

Generall the only reason to be aggressive with draws is in situations where you think you have fold equity.

With your monster draw you have so much equity that it seems unlikely being aggressive can ever be bad, but that doesn't mean a passive line won't net you more money in the long run if you are playing vs a calling station.

Generally I like the flop donk in multi-way limped pot. Vs raise calling is my favourite option.

Turn check is fine with the intention to check/call assuming correct odds.

You are only really folding out bluffs and busted draws with your river bluff, but might be just about ok. Could be pretty borderline if you think the guy is call-happy though.