This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 sh AJo in sqzd pot

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

Hero (BB): $24.07 (120.4 bb)
      CO: $75.90 (379.5 bb)
      BTN: $26.25 (131.3 bb)
      SB: $75.52 (377.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.40, BTN folds, SB calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.40) 4 8 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($11.40) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.60

both villains are unknowns and i have 0 info on them.

preflop i thought it was a decent spot to squeeze. AJo won't play that well in a sandwich, BU's range is probably at its widest and SB is pretty capped for calling, so i should have some nice FE. i would call here with a range like this: 99-22, AJs-A8s, KJs+, QJs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, and my sqzing range would look like this: TT+, AQs+, A7s-A2s, KTs-K9s, QTs, J9s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo. to me this range looks a little weird now that i see it in equilab... lol

anyway on the flop i have a BDFD, 2 overs + position + a pretty strong range. villain is probably calling with some TT-66,AQs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,AQo,KQo or something. as long as he doesnt get fancy and float me OOP i should be able to make him fold close to 66% of that range. if he calls i think he looks a lot like FDs, 99 and TT. not too many FDs tho because i block the nfd. anyway i make the cbet, only needs to work 35% of the time here (made it a little more than half).

i did this without much of a plan for the turn but i think if a J, Q, K, A or :diamond: peels out i'll barrel it so that's like 43% of the deck i can barrel on. ofc the best turn card comes out and i fire it but i think i messed up my sizing... what do you think? and what would your plan be for the river if he calls the turn? is this a spot where "if i fire the turn i should jam the river"?

overall i just would like a line check here because squeezed pots are pretty big, i'm not too confident firing off barrels in 3bet pots let alone squeezed pots and i never know whether to check back to realise my equity or to barrel off like a monkey.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think your general thought process is fine. Maybe your intended squeezing range may be a little too wide - For example I wouldnt squeeze K9s by default but it's more of a situational play where I may do it vs someone who folds often or maybe because you have been quiet for the past few rounds and have finally picked up a hand.

Other than that, I think the Flop and Turn bets are reasonable with A. But as you mentioned, you should size it smaller on Flop and Turn by a few BB.

I don't see a need to fire the River. You should have the King fairly often anyway (from your KQ/AK/KJ/KXs) and you should be given credit a good amount of the time.

Thanks.