DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

Hero (BB): $24.07 (120.4 bb)
      CO: $75.90 (379.5 bb)
      BTN: $26.25 (131.3 bb)
      SB: $75.52 (377.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.40, BTN folds, SB calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.40) 4 8 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($11.40) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.60

both villains are unknowns and i have 0 info on them.

preflop i thought it was a decent spot to squeeze. AJo won't play that well in a sandwich, BU's range is probably at its widest and SB is pretty capped for calling, so i should have some nice FE. i would call here with a range like this: 99-22, AJs-A8s, KJs+, QJs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, and my sqzing range would look like this: TT+, AQs+, A7s-A2s, KTs-K9s, QTs, J9s, ATo+, KJo+, QJo. to me this range looks a little weird now that i see it in equilab... lol

anyway on the flop i have a BDFD, 2 overs + position + a pretty strong range. villain is probably calling with some TT-66,AQs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,AQo,KQo or something. as long as he doesnt get fancy and float me OOP i should be able to make him fold close to 66% of that range. if he calls i think he looks a lot like FDs, 99 and TT. not too many FDs tho because i block the nfd. anyway i make the cbet, only needs to work 35% of the time here (made it a little more than half).

i did this without much of a plan for the turn but i think if a J, Q, K, A or :diamond: peels out i'll barrel it so that's like 43% of the deck i can barrel on. ofc the best turn card comes out and i fire it but i think i messed up my sizing... what do you think? and what would your plan be for the river if he calls the turn? is this a spot where "if i fire the turn i should jam the river"?

overall i just would like a line check here because squeezed pots are pretty big, i'm not too confident firing off barrels in 3bet pots let alone squeezed pots and i never know whether to check back to realise my equity or to barrel off like a monkey.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think your general thought process is fine. Maybe your intended squeezing range may be a little too wide - For example I wouldnt squeeze K9s by default but it's more of a situational play where I may do it vs someone who folds often or maybe because you have been quiet for the past few rounds and have finally picked up a hand.

Other than that, I think the Flop and Turn bets are reasonable with A. But as you mentioned, you should size it smaller on Flop and Turn by a few BB.

I don't see a need to fire the River. You should have the King fairly often anyway (from your KQ/AK/KJ/KXs) and you should be given credit a good amount of the time.

Thanks.