This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 89s River play

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Villain:

IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $12.31 (123.1 bb)
      UTG: $5 (50 bb)
      MP: $29.94 (299.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $23.80 (238 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $10.15 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 8
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.55) T J Q (2 players)
      MP bets $0.30, Hero raises to $2, MP calls $1.70

Turn: ($4.55) 4 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $6, MP calls $6

River: ($16.55) J (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Flop i was trying to build the pot to get stacks in on the river + get value from the ton of draws.

Turn, Same idea, overbet sets stacks up for river ship. when he checks into me I think his range will be combo hands with Showdown value like TP+SD, MP+FD, basically all bluff catching + drawing Vs my line.

River is sooo ugly haha! The problem i'm having with his range is, all hands that now beat us: TT, JQ, JT, QQ....Why they not raise flop or turn? i find it hard for them to be in his range, but with his stats i guess its possible......

Also, why wouldn't he just ship into us on the river with a full boat? look at the nice pot i built for him :f_biggrin:

My main question is, Is there aaaany value in betting the river? maybe go like $4 for thin value v Qx? but if we get raised we hate life and call :f_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

hes a fish so i like the overbet on turn for value, river is a clear bet for value, Jx and Qx is probably calling and he will probably not raise unless its a full house. go for a big bet on the river like a jam, hes probably calling Qx Jx

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      The plan was to shove everything apart from broadways and diamonds. I guess his range will be more like the range I stated, SDV+ draw.

He also has more combos of JK and AJ. So It probably makes more sense to bet the river since we are more often ahead of his Jx range.

Should have stuck to the plan haha
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

he is probably calling all Jx and Qx here and we are ahead so jamming river is a good idea. hes a fish so hes not thinking " i have a bluffcatcher". hes thinking oh i have a top pair, i call

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish