This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA all-in after suited flop

• Khemen
      Khemen
      Basic
      I am going through all of my old losses to see what needs fixing. Did I play this right? I figured the chances of him having a flush on the flop was unlikely. And I thought he was raising me with a draw. I went all-in to try and force him to fold his draw. Was this a correct move?

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.10
      BB:
      $5.09
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.42
      MP3:
      $5.46
      CO:
      $1.91
      BU:
      $2.18

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) Q, 8, T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.36, Hero raises to $2.34, BB calls $1.98.

Turn: ($4.85) J (2 players)

River: ($4.85) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.85.
      Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, tens(T T).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

BB wins with three of a kind, tens(T T).
  • 5 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

on the flop when we got check/raised so big i think its a fold, hes doing that with 2p+ and sometimes comes with a flush draw and against that range we are completely crushed

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Just a side note to OP. We don't want him to fold his draws to our shove, we want him to call.
    • Khemen
      Khemen
      Basic
      Thank you both for the comments. One question. Why do we want him to call with draws and not fold? I don't really understand ranges and odds just yet (working on it!) but I was trying to make the bet so expensive that he folded. Why do we want him to call with his draw? Especially flushdraw? If he makes his draw we lose..And isnt the chance of him making his draw higher than our AA holding up or improving?
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Because in worst case scenario against a draw we're 55:45 underdog. Any other draw than OESD+FD has worse than 50% equity, so if we have a good made hand and we believe that villain is on some kind of a draw, we bet big because we wan't him to call us.
    • Khemen
      Khemen
      Basic
      Thank you Pichux, I understand it a little better now.