This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Fr50 Ak

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB:
      $50.25
      BB (Hero):
      $72.37
      UTG2:
      $83.10
      MP1:
      $21.00
      MP2:
      $59.31
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $76.24

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 4, 5, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.75, Hero raises to $6.00, MP1 raises to $20.00, Hero calls $14.00.

Villain 13/12/2.8 AF over 560 hands

fold to 3bet 100% (6)

UTG PFR of 13%.

I been thinking of ways to deal with MSS.

Villain with a wide range at UTG and a low fold to 3bet thats why i decided if i 3bet i am only going against a "stronger" range.

I been testing out this line(only against MSS) and wish to have some advice.

Very Likely I can force out some of hands such as KQ+ and maybe some mid pocket pairs.

Even if he has high pairs, I still have a good amount of odds vs them.

good good?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: vs a tight range and vs someone who is folding a lot vs 3-bets, I agree with the flat here.

Flop: I don't think you should check/raise the Flop. What happens is that no better hands will fold, and few/no worse hands will call.

I prefer check/calling here and you can bluff catch 2 streets vs a hand like AQ/AJ and you can win the showdown. They may often barrel your Ace/King outs as well which is going to be good for you. Why do you need KQ to fold? Only bad card for you is the Queen.

Thanks.
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      actually trying to balance my range and also to improve my AF.

Or maybe i shldnt think too much on this limit and strengthen my fundamentals first?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Check/raising AK has nothing to do with balancing and is fundamentally unsound, since few worse hands call and most better hands never fold.

If you want to widen your value check/raising range, you would start adding some slightly weaker pocket pairs. And you would also widen your bluff checkraising range by doing it with hands like 8:h9