This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Fr] Nl50 Jj 12.08

• UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 108.2 BB (VPIP: 22.78, PFR: 17.20, 3Bet Preflop: 4.35, Hands: 44,277)

CO: 127 BB (VPIP: 31.67, PFR: 23.33, 3Bet Preflop: 12.07, Hands: 121)
      BTN: 170.2 BB (VPIP: 41.36, PFR: 5.76, 3Bet Preflop: 1.18, Hands: 195)
      Hero (SB): 108.8 BB
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 14.77, PFR: 9.97, 3Bet Preflop: 3.35, Hands: 10,080)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: J:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) 9:club: 7:heart: 2:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 15 BB, Hero raises to 37 BB, UTG calls 22 BB

River: (95 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets 61.8 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 61.2 BB and is all-in

Preflop: i'm vs lag. Villain has sizing tells: He opens 3x with 7% 2.5x 13%
      I know that we are against tighter range because of 3x open raise.
      With 3x we open TT+, ATs+, AJo, JTs+.

First of all I think that I made a mistake preflop because I should 3bet. He is still able to call with worse hands like TT, KQs, AQ+. In my opinion is the first mistake.

Postflop: I knew that villain doesn't have 99, 77 and 22 because he opens it for 2.5x. His range is stronger here TT, QQ+, AJs+ and I made a second mistake here because I wanted to fold his top range.
      you know... I wanted to represent slowplay set from flop but I forgot that we are against lag not tag. Tag are more inclined to bet/fold than lag.
      Could you point mistakes which I made again?
      This lesson costs me $50 so I want to learn something.

If I know that this player don't fold OP we can cold call any pp to set mine and play in the same way like here. Call flop and reraise turn...
      am I right?
      I think that we can cold call sc not dominated by his range like 98s, 87s, 76s maybe 2gapper.
      What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey UnknownJoseph,

Firstly I think your preflop play is the best option. I'm not a huge fan of 3betting here vs an EP open. Even if you are ahead of his opening range, he might fold enough to 3bets that you are isolating yourself against a range that beats you.

Flop call is standard.

I think it's fine to give up on turn. 9 is not a good barrel card, opponent often ends up being value-heavy, since guys don't generally barrel their air on paired board.

I guess theoretically opponent should be able to get away from an overpair when you take this line, but that doesn't mean he necessarily will. Fine to fold the turn imo. You also represent a very narrow range, although this is not always a big issue.