Micro-Monthly Poker Earnings

• canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Hey so I was guessing what is the average monthly earnings of NL5 and NL10 who is multi-tabling playing with 100BB account to? Please feel free to share your thoughts or you can share your own earnings if you want to. I only ask because I want to know.

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hmm seems pretty impossible to estimate the average... because everyone will have different winrates (/lossrates) and monthly earnings would purely be dependent on how many hands you manage to get in each month and what your winrate is so unless you can get that information from everyone it's gunna be pretty hard to find a concrete number. and i dont even wanna guess what the average monthly earnings are :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I did about a year on FTP pre black friday at NL10 rush making about $500 a month without fail (averaging about 100k hands a month)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by canniballsy
      Hey so I was guessing what is the average monthly earnings of NL5 and NL10 who is multi-tabling playing with 100BB account to? Please feel free to share your thoughts or you can share your own earnings if you want to. I only ask because I want to know.

Thanks
      Yep, "it depends"

Just do the math:
      Total earnings equals:
      #hands x winrate

30K hands per month
      5 bb/100
      NL 10

300 x 5 x 0.10 = 150$

Variance, though, will mean that in any given month, you could lose overall, or
      be up $500

And what is your true "win rate"?
      How can you even tell?
      A person's game changes over time as they improve, so it is not a static thing.

You can't even take all the poker players and average their winnings, either -- since all taken in, the average would mean they lose the rake.

There is a discussion of the math over in jb's blog, starting about here:
      Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis?

But having said all that, I won $13 last month in 10K hands, but there was some NL 2, NL 4 and NL 5 in that.

Do you count the rakeback/bonus?

Enjoy,
      --VS
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Yeah that is actually a good point. Rakeback and bonus. I guess you have to count rakeback and bonus overall because that also amounts to your overall income doesn't it? OK so lets talk about overall winrate per 100BB..I guess that would be a concrete number to guess isn't it?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I only ask because I want to know.
      Thats wierd, i though your asking beacuse you dont want to know :)
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      I only ask because I want to know.
      Thats wierd, i though your asking beacuse you dont want to know :)
      Lol...
      Troll Master :)