This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 10NL SH JJ 3bet pot

• ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.11)
      BB ($19.40)
      UTG ($10.24)
      UTG+1 ($10.15)
      CO ($10.32)
      Hero ($10.45)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.10) 9:spade: 8:heart: 3:heart:

SB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

TURN ($2.90) 9:spade: 8:heart: 3:heart: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.90) 9:spade: 8:heart: 3:heart: 9:club: 8:diamond:

SB bets $1.50, Hero folds

SB wins $2.77

Villain hadn't 3 bet at all over 29 hands seemed tight passive at 21/7.

My plan was if he checks the river I'd bet for value, but once he bets himself I think it's highly likely he was pot controlling the turn in case I have 9x. I only beat TT from what he reps.
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I would just get the money in preflop.

As played, I am definitely betting turn and trying to put the money in on the river.

On the river I would call his bet.
      He might play some Ax this way and overall I would expect him to bet his better hands on turn.

Best,
      Plamen
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      1. Why do we want to 4 bet call JJ v what looks like a passive player who might only have a range of QQ+,AK?

2. I can understand betting the turn to get value from AK, but if we do bet turn what worse hands call us on the river? Again I'm worried that I'm value owning myself against passive players.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, we only have 29 hands on the guy so we can't really determine his range pretty well and he could easily be 3betting quite wide in such spots where JJ plays quite good.

Once he checks the turn it is much likely that we do have the best hand so we must look forward to bet/bet and put the money in and expect a call from hands such as TT/A hgih/8x or so.
      Really, you shouldn't be taking so passive lines because people at these stakes tend to make quite a lot of calldowns.
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      My apologies, I'd completely missed that we are 50bb deep eff.

If we were 100bb deep, does my line make sense?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      If we were 100bb deep I wouldn't for example want to go broke preflop without reads.

Postflop your line makes sense, but I would still prefer to bet the turn rather than the river and not give him a chance to hit his gin card.