This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 10NL SH KQs 3 bet or call v unknown TAG

• ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.73)
      Hero ($10.32)
      UTG ($8)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($5.73)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $3.10, fold

CO wins $2.05

Villains stats are starting to look TAG reggy over only 20 hands or so, but I have no reads on post flop.

Am I better off 3 betting here to take the lead as when we call pre flop it's more important that we have post flop reads?

Or is it fine to call this hand vs a TAG opening from the CO and play to make a pair or fold all other flops?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am fine with both options and they both have their pros and cons.
      If we go with 3betting we could take the pot down and get called by worse hands, but SPR on flop would be quite small so not much room for postflop play, also we can easily get pushed away from the hand if we face a 4bet.
      If we go for the call we are going to play without any reads and OOP but with bigger room for postflop play.

Overall, against relatively unknown opponent I would rather go ahead and 3bet as well.

Best,
      Plamen