$4.60
      SB:
      $9.33
      BB:
      $2.76
      UTG1:
      $2.73

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, J.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, CO calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, SB folds, BB calls $0.02, UTG1 calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.21) 7, 3, 9 (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.06, UTG2 calls $0.06, CO folds, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.39) T (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.12, UTG2 calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.64, UTG1 calls $0.52, UTG2 folds.

River: ($1.79) 7 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.79.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and sevens(T J).
      UTG1 shows two pairs, nines and sevens(9 J).

Hero wins with two pairs, tens and sevens(T J).

I was new to this table so no particular read, I assume others are rational players.

Analysis

Preflop: suited connector looked pretty and one cold calling donkey in already, I would have borrowed if I have to in order to join the party, with a view to encourage callers to build the pot.

Flop: I knew flush draw could be there, but I was happy to call at this price and prayed for gutshot, I also planned to raise big if no heart fell on Turn.

Turn: No heart. EP bet less than 1/3 pot, I hit top pair and raised big (raised pot actually) as planned in an effort to collect. I was surprised when EP called.

River: EP donked, again less than 1/3 pot. I did not really think much about the call since I beat all pairs on flop.

Your perspective?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

We have two overcards, gutshot and backdoor flush draw, so I think calling flop is quite reasonable here for this price.

As played, raising turn is acceptable as I would expect to take thin value from hands such as 9x/draws and I would usually plan to check back river.

I think calling river is fine as well.

Nice hand sir.

Best,
      Plamen