[NL2-NL10] Nl2 88

• Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I am going through my database on HM2 and have marked all hands where I won/lost 20+bb and reviewing them and then exporting them on to the "My Hands" on pokerstrategy.

I started playing cash on stars at the start of 2012 and have marked over 2.5k hands for review. I won't post all of the hands on the forum but will just post post up the ones that I would like to discuss.

These early hands that I played might make me look like a total fish, which I suppose I was and probably still am lol. I think i have improved a lot since then but anyway here is the first hand im going to post.

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

SB = ($2.24)
      BB (Hero) = ($2.29)
      MP3 = ($2.64)
      CO = ($3.36)
      BU = ($1.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: , 8 :club: .
      2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.10, BU calls $0.08, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.22) 6 :diamond: , 6 :heart: , 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU raises to $1.65(All-In), Hero calls $1.51.

Turn: ($3.52) 9 :club: (2 players)

River: ($3.52) Q :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.52.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, eights and sixes(8 8).
      BU shows two pairs, sixes and fives(3 5).

Hero wins with two pairs, eights and sixes(8 8).

Should I make the call on the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Maloco87,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that in general, without information, stacking off there with 88 is a bit loose.

The villain isn't repping much but he can have some rare 6x or overpair and our overpair is on the smaller end.

However, with a loose player you can make the call because they rarely have a strong hand after they limp the BU and then shove AI. They would slowplay 6x or better and generally don't have bigger pairs so we can be confident we have the best hand.
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      for some reason when im looking at these old hands on my HM the villian stats are not showing up for all players, im thinking then I didn't have stats on them but surely i had a few hands on them????

Anyway thanks for the evaluation. I have many more to post to keep you busy lol