[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - AJo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.46 (54.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $17.43 (174.3 bb)
      BB: $11.17 (111.7 bb)
      UTG: $8.08 (80.8 bb)
      MP: $18.84 (188.4 bb)
      CO: $22.33 (223.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 8 A K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.70) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.10) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Villain is 21/21 over 25 hands.

Pre flop I decided to call. I should dominate a pretty good part of his range, and AJ will do pretty well against his opening range in general. Didn't see much of a reason to potentially 3bet here, since I think AJ is a bit too strong to turn into a bluff here.

On the flop I obviously can't fold to one bet. However, could I consider raising here for thin value against weaker Ax and maybe flush draws? Or is calling better, even on a fairly wet board?

The turn doesn't really change anything. He could easily be betting flush draws and worse Ax here as well as some random other hands most likely. Since I didn't raise the flop, I don't think raising the turn makes much sense?

On the river I wasn't quite sure what to do would he have bet again. If the river was a spade I'd just check/fold the river, and on most blanks I was prepared to just check/call gain. However the K isn't the greatest card. Though I'd expect him to check behind Kx pretty often on the turn, he could certainly be betting it as well, so he can certainly have a number of Kx in his range on the river.

So in case he would've bet the river, would this have been a call?
  • 1 reply