This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - AJo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.46 (54.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $17.43 (174.3 bb)
      BB: $11.17 (111.7 bb)
      UTG: $8.08 (80.8 bb)
      MP: $18.84 (188.4 bb)
      CO: $22.33 (223.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 8 A K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.70) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.10) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Villain is 21/21 over 25 hands.

Pre flop I decided to call. I should dominate a pretty good part of his range, and AJ will do pretty well against his opening range in general. Didn't see much of a reason to potentially 3bet here, since I think AJ is a bit too strong to turn into a bluff here.

On the flop I obviously can't fold to one bet. However, could I consider raising here for thin value against weaker Ax and maybe flush draws? Or is calling better, even on a fairly wet board?

The turn doesn't really change anything. He could easily be betting flush draws and worse Ax here as well as some random other hands most likely. Since I didn't raise the flop, I don't think raising the turn makes much sense?

On the river I wasn't quite sure what to do would he have bet again. If the river was a spade I'd just check/fold the river, and on most blanks I was prepared to just check/call gain. However the K isn't the greatest card. Though I'd expect him to check behind Kx pretty often on the turn, he could certainly be betting it as well, so he can certainly have a number of Kx in his range on the river.

So in case he would've bet the river, would this have been a call?
  • 1 reply