This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - AKo calldown

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $24.93 (249.3 bb)
      SB: $11.88 (118.8 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $21.99 (219.9 bb)
      MP: $20.38 (203.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $29.21 (292.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.25) A 9 Q (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.65) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

River: ($5.25) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

Villain is unknown.

Pre I decided to just call his small 3bet. That way I keep the pot small and will be able to play in position. Since I don't know the guy, I'm not sure if I can 4bet for value here, so I figured calling would be better.

On the flop I can't fold of course, with top pair/top kicker. When he bets the turn again it looks reasonably strong. However he could have some random flush draws that he decided to 3bet with pre (suited connectors), and could have some worse Ax here probably. So I decided to call again.

On the river, is this always a call if you call the turn? If he bets just AQ+, QQ and AA here, it's definitely a fold. But if he bets just AJs here as well, for example, which is 2 combos, this already becomes a call.

So what's the best plan to go with here? Call turn and river, or just give up on the turn? Or would that be too weak?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi TinoLaan,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that you played the hand fine here and while his bets always look like value he can have some worse Ax.

So I don't think we can fold without info although 3-barrels at 10nl are rare.