This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl16 - wondering

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi gAsheks,

Villain is short and thus you'd have to call $5.84 in a pot of roughly 19.04 so thus you'd get pot odds of 31%.

So what do you think?

Why would AKo be a call and QQ a might call?
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      I dont get your idea. Im guessing what he might call in this particular scenario, because i have no clue. If i would play with 40bbs rebuy i wouldnt have even a 3bet calling range i guess.

And after "equilabing" the situation seems that its fold to his 3bet even it sounds quite nitty.

P.s. my math is really bad and he checked the flop...

And i think im pretty much dead here.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by gAsheks
      I dont get your idea. Im guessing what he might call in this particular scenario, because i have no clue. If i would play with 40bbs rebuy i wouldnt have even a 3bet calling range i guess.

And after "equilabing" the situation seems that its fold to his 3bet even it sounds quite nitty.

P.s. my math is really bad and he checked the flop...

And i think im pretty much dead here.
      I'm a bit lost with your response.

We are talking about preflop here against a 59 BB stack.

You are UTG vs SB and you are wondering what to do with part of your range.

So if you are jamming AKo I am wondering why would you not jam QQ ?

What I was referring to in my initial post is the pot odds we get if he 5-bets (shoves) preflop which means that if we 4-bet a lot of hands we can't fold them given the odds.

As far as his calling range goes it's hard to put him on something and it may be that he called because he is now deeper and doesn't know what to do. or maybe he is slowplaying but it's hard to tell.

Regardless, I think that SB vs UTG JJ is a bit too light to 4-bet/call. So is AQ.