HUHU high stakes ...... no one playing

• akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm moving to pokerstars today, to start from 0,25/0,50 6max and up.

So I was watching some games just for fun and I felt courious for the higher stakes HUHU games, and I realized there where more than 20 tables on 5/T wich I think its awesome, but there was no action on any of them.

I watched the 5/T and T/20 tables, it was like 50 tables in total and no games where in play, just people waiting for the world to end.

I guess that the guys waiting are the regs and they are super good players but dont want to play each other because of the rake, so they wait for a newcomer to join their tables, but if the new guy its good they will just leave the game???

I was very exited to go up the stakes and one day play HUHU against these guys but is it possible???

Same thing on NL tables there where like 180 tables and only one running a game.
  • 8 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      I think that you have to tablestart 6max/fullring and play on small sites to get nice HU action in FL.
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akasoul
      Hi,

I'm moving to pokerstars today, to start from 0,25/0,50 6max and up.

So I was watching some games just for fun and I felt courious for the higher stakes HUHU games, and I realized there where more than 20 tables on 5/T wich I think its awesome, but there was no action on any of them.

I watched the 5/T and T/20 tables, it was like 50 tables in total and no games where in play, just people waiting for the world to end.

I guess that the guys waiting are the regs and they are bumhunters and dont want to play each other because they want only fish and wont give any action, so they wait for a newcomer to join their tables, but if the new guy its good they will just leave the game??? most YES

I was very exited to go up the stakes and one day play HUHU against these guys but is it possible???

Same thing on NL tables there where like 180 tables and only one running a game.
      fyp
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      I continued my investigation....

I saw a game!!!

The reg got about 200 usd from a fish I guess cause it joined the table with 10 BB and then reloaded another 10 to finally quit.

then I looked for the winner's name on internet and founded that he plays a lot of HUFL turbo S&G.

maybe I have answered myself????

they play flhus&G and keep a cash table open to get some extra money from lost turists???
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      i already answered your question
    • akasoul
      akasoul
      Bronze
      didn't see that, sorry slow internet at work.

and too bad
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      HU FL Cash games on Stars are not in a good state

Below 2/4 the games are too highly raked to be profitable vs anyone who can tie their shoes properly

2/4+ it's just a case of waiting for the fish to sit and regs won't play each other

TBH though this is true for most HUHU games. They're the games that kill the fish the quickest and thus they're the first to experience the drought when it happens. There have been calls for them to be removed completely to protect the player pool in areas since they are the most predatory games
    • kutero
      kutero
      Basic
      all of the regs that are waiting are good enough to beat only fish and wont give much action to anyone else, so killing the game. zoom was a hope but naturally those players wont play it. big bet poker opponents are somewhat different and zoom too is possible there.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Poker has changed over the years. Players are too good and too god damned aware about their 0.07BB/1000 hands edge over the others. The tools (HM, PT, etc) also destroy "the real game" by evening out even more between the pros. Also, little money is flowing into the business.

Railing used to be actually fun back in the good old days at Full Tilt. Wasn't unusual to see bizarre action at the FL tables, HORSE tables, Stud Hi/Lo tables, .... Even Doyle used to drop by on occasion.