Sit and Go Nuts

• klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Hi, everyone.
      I've been following the forums for a long time now but never really wrote anything.
      I was thinking about starting a blog for a while now and finally decided to give it a go. I hope it's gonna have a good impact on my motivation.

I'm 27 years old. Started taking poker seriously about 14 months ago when a friend of mine staked me. Built my roll playing 12,18 and 27man regular speed SNGs. After that didn't really know what to play and I've just been playing whatever I was in the mood for.

About 10 months ago I moved to a new city and rented an apartment with my girlfriend. I basically had no plan other than to make the money I need for bills and stuff by playing poker. And that was the first month I actually made enough to be able to cashout some money. I've been playing mainly 180men turbos during that time.
      Although 180men were going ok I wasn't really too interested in them nor I put a lot of effort into studying them.
      At the same time I was also studying informational science. I hated it and was sick every time I had to go to that godawful place. Got the bachelor's degree(after 3 years) in that shit and after thinking for a couple of months decided to ditch all that crap and play poker. People around me weren't too happy with my decision to say the least. But with the current shitty situation in my country where my peers are happy if they can get a job that pays ~200 euros after they finish college it just seemed like the only way to give myself and my girlfriend, who is a huuuuge support, a chance for a better/normal life.

After all the big decisions were made I decided to treat poker like a job and most importantly decided to play only 6max turbos. Started out on the 3.50$, moved up to 7$ quickly and here I am. Been playing them for about 4 months now, had a lot of struggles along the way. Had a period where I was more than 200BI under EV and struggled with depression because nothing can prepare you for that kind of stress especially when you count on that money to pay your bills. But that's the path I decided to take so I snapped out of all that negative crap and today I'm determined to beat the game, confident in myself and my ability to learn.

Also, I'm currently in a coaching/staking deal which came unexpected but it was a huge moral boost when the coach offered to stake me. So at the moment I'm just trying to do my best not to disappoint my coach and we'll see where that takes us :)

So, there's my story. I wasn't planning on it being so long and boring but w/e :)
      No need for graphs, hands and stuff in the first post but I'll try to update it regularly with all that stuff that might interest people.
  • 168 replies
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Last 4-5 days were just awful and today was no different..can't hit anything,can't get any folds,villains just spike every turn and river,hands go from nuts to crap from flop to river and I'm just forced to fold all the time.

Played only 44 games today and dropped about 10BI. My sessions are shorter when I'm not running good and that's something I'm gonna work on. Also, the volume is a bit smaller since I started adding regular speed tables.

Tomorrow I'm gonna play 3 sessions, at least 2h each.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Limp,call,check/click back is the name of the game. Sometimes it feels like I'm up against one guy that has hundreds of accounts :)

Played 5.3h today. Didn't manage to play at least 6h as I planned because of some stuff that came up but I'm satisfied.
      Most of the day was just like the previous few...just folding everything all the time. If I see one more "4 for the straight" board today I'll throw up.
      Think I played ok, was focused and calm all the time.

Some people's children... :)

Stacks:
      Hero (SB) (975) 20bb
      BB (8,025) 161bb

Blinds: 25/50

Pre-Flop: (75, 2 players) Hero is SB 6:heart: K:spade:
      Hero raises to 125, BB calls 75

Flop: Q:heart: K:club: 2:heart: (250, 2 players)
      BB bets 50, Hero raises to 200, BB calls 150

Turn: 2:club: (650, 2 players)
      BB bets 250, Hero goes all-in 650, BB calls 400

River: 5:club: (1,950, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 1,950
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Deuces
      6:heart: K:spade:
      BB shows two pair, Fives and Deuces
      4:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero wins 1,950 (net +975)

BB lost 975

Rare thing to see, lines ending up at the same place :)

Tomorrow I have a coaching and it's gonna be the first sweat session(previous were HH reviews) so I'm a bit excited about that. Hope it goes well :)
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Haven't played a lot today, only 30 games, but I'm ok with it. Decided not to be obsessed with volume but rather focus on playing the best I can all the time as I did today.

Ran into monsters a few times on the bubble :)

Stacks:
      BTN (3,380) 17bb
      Hero (SB) (1,855) 9bb
      BB (3,765) 19bb

Blinds: 100/200

Pre-Flop: (300, 3 players) Hero is SB J:spade: J:club:
      BTN folds, Hero goes all-in 1,855, BB calls 1,655

Flop: 8:heart: 2:heart: Q:spade: (3,710, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 3:club: (3,710, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 3:heart: (3,710, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 3,710
      Hero shows two pair, Jacks and Threes
      J:spade: J:club:
      BB shows two pair, Queens and Eights
      Q:diamond: 8:spade:

BB wins 3,710 (net +1,855)

Hero lost 1,855

Stacks:
      Hero (BTN) (1,535) 31bb
      SB (6,260) 125bb
      BB (1,205) 24bb

Blinds: 25/50

Pre-Flop: (75, 3 players) Hero is BTN A:club: K:heart:
      Hero raises to 125, SB raises to 200, BB folds, Hero goes all-in 1,535, SB calls 1,335

Flop: 10:club: 7:diamond: 2:diamond: (3,120, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 9:spade: (3,120, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: Q:diamond: (3,120, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 3,120
      Hero shows high card Ace
      A:club: K:heart:
      SB shows a flush, King high
      K:diamond: J:diamond:

SB wins 3,120 (net +1,585)

Hero lost 1,535

Stacks:
      BTN (3,089) 21bb
      Hero (SB) (1,436) 10bb
      BB (4,475) 30bb

Blinds: 75/150

Pre-Flop: (225, 3 players) Hero is SB 9:club: 9:diamond:
      BTN folds, Hero goes all-in 1,436, BB calls 1,286

Flop: K:heart: 8:diamond: 6:club: (2,872, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: Q:heart: (2,872, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9:heart: (2,872, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 2,872
      Hero shows three of a kind, Nines
      9:club: 9:diamond:
      BB shows a straight, Six to Ten
      10:club: 7:spade:

BB wins 2,872 (net +1,436)

Hero lost 1,436

Sweat session went pretty good, at least I think so. Pretty sure I didn't come off as a donk while coach was watching. :)
      He pointed out some stuff and I need to think about that ingame.
      In general, think I have to take a bit more time when I'm about to click a button. Just take a few seconds more, think about the hand, do not rush. If necessary, drop 2-3 tables, focus 100% on every hand and it's gonna be just fine.

Gonna relax now, watch a movie and then tomorrow play 3-4 sessions.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum

Got mad there at the end for a moment and was pretty mad about that :)
      I really need to stay composed all the time, do not react in any way to coolers/suckouts/mistakes... That's something I struggled with a lot in the past but am really improving more and more each day.
      Played fine today but just wasn't getting in good spots most of the time. Not a big deal.

vs fishy reg

Stacks:
      BTN (4,247) 42bb
      Hero (SB) (2,655) 27bb
      BB (2,098) 21bb

Blinds: 50/100

Pre-Flop: (150, 3 players) Hero is SB 9:spade: A:diamond:
      BTN folds, Hero raises to 200, BB calls 100

Flop: 9:heart: K:diamond: A:heart: (400, 2 players)
      Hero bets 229, BB calls 229

Turn: 6:diamond: (858, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets 400, Hero goes all-in 2,226, BB goes all-in 1,269

River: 7:club: (4,196, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 4,196
      BB shows a pair of Kings
      4:diamond: K:club:
      Hero shows two pair, Aces and Nines
      9:spade: A:diamond:

Hero wins 4,753 (net +2,098)

BB lost 2,098

This is the way to play your AJ on the bubble :)

Stacks:
      Hero (BTN) (2,046) 14bb
      SB (3,112) 21bb
      BB (3,842) 26bb

Blinds: 75/150

Pre-Flop: (225, 3 players) Hero is BTN 10:club: J:diamond:
      Hero raises to 300, SB folds, BB calls 150

Flop: 5:heart: 10:diamond: 6:spade: (675, 2 players)
      BB bets 300, Hero goes all-in 1,746, BB calls 1,446

Turn: 9:heart: (4,167, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 3:heart: (4,167, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 4,167
      BB shows a flush, Ace high
      J:heart: A:heart:
      Hero shows a pair of Tens
      10:club: J:diamond:

BB wins 4,167 (net +2,121)

Hero lost 2,046

Ugly outcome. Flatted pre because, well the guy "isolating" is obv a fish and was expecting one more call from the blinds.

Stacks:
      UTG (1,520) 76bb
      UTG+1 (1,500) 75bb
      CO (1,440) 72bb
      Hero (BTN) (1,640) 82bb
      SB (1,430) 72bb
      BB (1,470) 74bb

Blinds: 10/20

Pre-Flop: (30, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10:heart: Q:heart:
      UTG calls 20, UTG+1 raises to 40, 1 fold, Hero calls 40, 1 fold, BB calls 20, UTG calls 20

Flop: K:heart: J:spade: 9:spade: (170, 4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets 60, Hero raises to 220, BB folds, UTG raises to 680, UTG+1 calls 620, Hero goes all-in 1,600, UTG goes all-in 800, UTG+1 goes all-in 780

Turn: 7:club: (4,590, 3 players, 3 all-in)

River: 5:spade: (4,590, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Final Pot: 4,590
      Hero shows a straight, Nine to King
      10:heart: Q:heart:
      UTG shows a flush, Queen high
      Q:spade: 10:spade:
      UTG+1 shows a pair of Kings
      A:spade: K:diamond:

UTG wins 4,590 (net +3,070)

Hero collects 120 (net -1,520)
      BB lost 40
      UTG+1 lost 1,500

After weeks and weeks of everyday grinding decided to have free Sundays in the future. I really need to balance stuff in my life. When every day/week/month revolves only around poker every poker problem is more intense and harder to handle. Downswings come with depression, upswings come with overconfidence and everything in the middle is just mostly frustrating.
      I was just obsessed with grinding because I just wanted to get to the moniez as soon as possible. Yeah, financial situation is tough right now but I came to peace with it because I know it won't be like that in the future.

Went jogging today. Tried to make a habit of it couple of months ago but just simply failed. This time I won't.
      Also, decided to cut down on cigarettes. Huge thing for me.

Watched The Conjuring yesterday. One of the better horror movies that came out in the last few years, really enjoyed it cause I'm a biiig horror fan :)
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Klompa great to see you running a blog man. Best of luck with it and keep up the good work - results will follow. Who is your coach/staker?
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Klompa great to see you running a blog man. Best of luck with it and keep up the good work - results will follow. Who is your coach/staker?
      Thank you for the good wishes, IvicaIliev. Mr. Tim64 is the man :)

Had a nice day today. Went over a lot of hands, played couple of sessions.
      Played good, ran good.
      Been working a lot on my mindset lately and I'm feeling really good and positive.
      Just have to keep improving my mindset, work on my game and everything else with come with it.

Not 100% sure but think it's the best day since I started playing 6max STTs :)

• klompa
      klompa
      Platinum

Had another pretty pretty good day :)
      This heater is resulting in me being first in BOP high orbit at the moment. Scored 1704 what was good enough for 3rd place last week. We'll see where it's gonna place me this week but w/e, it's gonna be some extra $$ and that's always nice :)

Also had a great coaching today and did some reviewing on my own. Just have to keep working and all will be fine :)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      following! Good luck with your goals
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Originally posted by dogma18
      following! Good luck with your goals
      Thanks, dogma! :)
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum

Played solid today but i guess a heater can't last forever :) Red line dropped there at the end but it was just standard stuff. Gonna review today's sessions tomorrow morning as I always do but I'm pretty happy with my game.

Recently I've been reading/watching various motivational stuff and everything is just suiting me so well. Feels pretty weird cause I was never a guy who gave much importance to that kind of stuff and found it pretty silly.
      I've been neglecting the importance of having a solid mindset for so long, thought that it's just something that comes along with success and now when I started working on it, thinking about myself as a poker player, my future regarding poker and non poker stuff, accepting my current situation..., realized that it's the other way around. Mindset really is the #1 thing one has to work on. Everything starts from there. And I'm not talking only about poker. It took me a really long time to grasp this.

My volume has been a bit lower than usual lately and I'm not disappointed with it as I worked a lot off tables the whole time. That being said, decided to step up my grind starting tomorrow. Gonna wake up at 6, go for a run and then it's grinding time. Gonna go for at least 7h of play.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      playing atm at 7$ 6max as well if your nick at stars is similar with your nick here then we ve met in tables ~~
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Schris7
      playing atm at 7$ 6max as well if your nick at stars is similar with your nick here then we ve met in tables ~~
      Yeah, it is.
      Guess yours is different cause I don't think I remember having Schris at my tables.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Played for 6h today so it wasn't quite as I planned yesterday but sessions were just extremely exhausting. Today was just about suckouts, being villains sucking out on me most of the day or the opposite in the last ~20 games. Whole day was just meh.

Saw so many ridiculous stuff today, so many awful mistakes. I can understand it when it comes to your average recreational player but when I see what "regs" are doing it just amazes me. And these guys are at the tables every time I launch Pokerstars. No money in poker, everyone solid. Yeah, right.

• klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      67% :f_ugly:

Stacks:
      Hero (SB) (4,520) 15bb
      BB (4,480) 15bb

Blinds: 150/300 Ante 25

Pre-Flop: (500, 2 players) Hero is SB 9:spade: Q:club:
      Hero raises to 600, BB calls 300

Flop: 8:club: 10:club: 6:club: (1,250, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in 3,855, Hero calls 3,855

Turn: 8:spade: (8,960, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: A:heart: (8,960, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 8,960
      Hero shows a pair of Eights
      9:spade: Q:club:
      BB shows two pair, Eights and Sixes
      K:heart: 6:heart:

BB wins 8,960 (net +4,480)

Hero lost 4,480

These hands are sooo annoying. And when I shove AJ+ they show up with mighty deuces. Round and round we go.

Stacks:
      BTN (1,834) 18bb
      SB (5,096) 51bb
      Hero (BB) (2,070) 21bb

Blinds: 50/100

Pre-Flop: (150, 3 players) Hero is BB 5:diamond: 5:heart:
      BTN raises to 223, SB folds, Hero goes all-in 2,070, BTN goes all-in 1,611

Flop: 6:diamond: 6:spade: 3:heart: (3,718, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: J:heart: (3,718, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 10:heart: (3,718, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 3,718
      BTN shows two pair, Jacks and Sixes
      J:club: 9:club:
      Hero shows two pair, Sixes and Fives
      5:diamond: 5:heart:

BTN wins 3,718 (net +1,884)

Hero collects 236 (net -1,834)

Just couldn't get any shoves through today. Not much you can do there. Standard.
      I increased playing time in the last days. Gonna focus on grind grind grind.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum
      Was lucky enough to hold the 1st position in high orbit last week. Pretty awesome bonus :)

Yesterday took a day off but only when it comes to playing. Went over a lot of hands/spots. It's hard not to do anything related to poker for a whole day.
      Last couple of days finished slightly positive, nothing special.

Gonna load some tables now and play at least 6h today as I did last few days but hopefully I'll manage to put in more than 6h at the tables today.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum

Sucked out today more times than in last three months all together. Nice to see how it feels to be on the other side :evil:
      A loooot of coolers throughout the day but I guess it sometimes has to be like that. Played a bit over 6h as planned. I feel really comfortable while playing and am happy that I'm 100% concentrated during sessions. A month ago I would just lose it after having so many standard shoves ending up in top of villain's range. Only thing that still gets to me is when I make mistakes. Nothing worse than when I now I made a mistake instantly after clicking the button. Good thing is that due to improved mindset I'm making less and less of those. At least when it comes to mistakes that I can notice myself. All the other mistakes/leaks will arise through coaching. It's then up to me to absorb everything coach tells me and work hard on improving my game.

Play of the day. Your average 7$ reg. Nice trap, sir. :)

Stacks:
      BTN (2,540) 13bb
      SB (1,217) 6bb
      Hero (BB) (5,243) 26bb

Blinds: 100/200 Ante 25

Pre-Flop: (375, 3 players) Hero is BB A:diamond: 5:diamond:
      BTN calls 200, SB folds, Hero goes all-in 5,218, BTN goes all-in 2,315

Flop: 9:heart: 2:spade: 9:spade: (5,205, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: 10:spade: (5,205, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 7:club: (5,205, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 5,205
      Hero shows a pair of Nines
      A:diamond: 5:diamond:
      BTN shows a pair of Nines - Ace+Ten+Eight kicker
      8:club: A:spade:

BTN wins 5,205 (net +2,665)

Hero collects 2,703 (net -2,540)

Watched Monsters University yesterday. It's been a while since I watched a cartoon/animated movie/whatever it's called and it was pretty good. :) Definitely much much better than all the shitty comedies they're making these days. Can't remember the last good comedy I watched.

Gonna go to bed now. Wake up tomorrow at 6, probably go for a run if it doesn't rain in the morning. After that will have a coaching and the rest of the day is reserved for grinding.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum

It's been swingy these last few days. I'm really really happy with my game lately and the red line started going back up again. It hasn't really been obedient throughout this month. :)
      I feel like I improved a lot in the last month or so and just have to keep it up.
    • klompa
      klompa
      Platinum

One probably can't run any better then I did today :s_cool:
      Poker is such a beautiful game when you play good and run good.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Nice blog so far. You have managed to catch very solid coach and that staking deal probably makes pressure from financial side much smaller. What sort of brm rule are you following and any plans currently to move into higher buyin games?

Good luck for your poker and life goals ;)