This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 6max AJo vs possible flush

• kiwicoach
      kiwicoach
      Bronze
      Preflop: Standard

Flop: I decide on a bet/fold line, with a strong enough bet into 3 opponents that if I do get raised I am confident I'm behind and can easily fold.

Turn: I'm scared of the flush but also think I'm ahead of a lot of AX hands that loose villain calls with preflop so again choose a bet/fold line. Once I get called here I decide to give up but...

River: Villain bets so small into this pot I only need to call 21.5BB to win 111.5BB, it's like he's teasing me, and I feel compelled to call.

My instinct is that I overplayed my hand and could have (should have?) given up after villain calls the flop. What do you reckon?

OnGame - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
      SB: 99 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 23.81, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)
      BB: 119.75 BB (VPIP: 78.26, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      Hero (CO): 145 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: J:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 4 players) 7:heart: A:diamond: 4:diamond:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 12 BB, BTN calls 12 BB, fold, fold

Turn: (36 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero bets 27 BB, BTN calls 27 BB

River: (90 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 21.5 BB, Hero calls 21.5 BB
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey K,

After villain calls your big flop bet he can have Ax or flushdraw, sometimes a lower pair. When the flush comes in on the turn, you can no longer value bet. You bet and he calls. Now, his range is Ax and flushes generally, maybe a few times pair + flushdraw. River completes everything, easy check/fold. If turn is close and probably a check/fold, river is a lot clearer.