This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ vs raise flop

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 286.44 BB
      SB: 54.08 BB (VPIP: 19.86, PFR: 16.62, 3Bet Preflop: 7.84, Hands: 754)
      BB: 99.06 BB (VPIP: 15.79, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 41)
      UTG: 80.58 BB (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      MP: 238.58 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 40.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 2:heart: 6:club: J:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, BB raises to 12 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

Turn: (30.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      BB bets 20 BB, Hero calls 20 BB

River: (70.5 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 251.44 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 67.32 BB

Is my line ok on river? I would shove my sets, QQ+ for value, and I would bluff with busted fd, so I think I need to get all in with QQ, even thought there is probably not muh value in it?
  • 5 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

i would fold river if he bets but once he checks hes probably weak and i will valuebet AJ+ here. so QQ is a value bet.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Hi,

i would fold river if he bets but once he checks hes probably weak and i will valuebet AJ+ here. so QQ is a value bet.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
      why fold river? Fd missed and set 66 is less ulikely and maybe he over
      plays aj
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

what kind of hand is check raising flop and betting turn and river? more likely its the nuts trips 2p set +. i dont think hes overplaying AJ this way, and if he does its a really small part of his range.

in fact we could even think of folding the turn, we are basically a bluffcatcher on the turn

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Hi,

what kind of hand is check raising flop and betting turn and river? more likely its the nuts trips 2p set +. i dont think hes overplaying AJ this way, and if he does its a really small part of his range.

in fact we could even think of folding the turn, we are basically a bluffcatcher on the turn

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish

How do you mean nuts trips is raising flop? Do you think that he would raise flop with 6x and bet turn? I think it is very unlikely.
      You said, he is raising flop with 2 pairs, but we are stronger on river than any two pairs (since the board is paired) so we can call vs that.
      For sets, he has 3 combos 22, 1 combo 66, and it is question if he is 3betting JJ preflop (most people do).

So I can conclude, that I am weaker than 4 combos (7 max if he never 3bets JJ vs BU).
      If he would shove river, I have to be better in 33% of cases, which means that he needs to bluff 2-3 combos, so that I can profitable call. I think he could bluff with busted fd some combos, and maybe spew from time to time, or overplay Jx.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hi,

no i dont think hes raising flop with 6x and betting turn, i think more often its going to sets and 2p and maybe flush draw.

yes we are stronger than any 2p, he could make the mistake of betting it but i think more often when he bets the river we are looking at full houses mostly and some bluffs.

yes there are very few combos of sets but i dont think he check/raises with anything worse and goes all the way (to the river)

the problem is that while there are few combos, hes usually having the nuts most of the time. we can make calls like that against people who are more check/raise happy and with a wider calling range pre flop. but not him.

Thanks
      Cutegoldfish