This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 6max TT river bluff

• kiwicoach
      kiwicoach
      Bronze
      Preflop: Is this a standard 3 bet spot? I think I get more information than just calling and generate FE so it's optimal..
      Flop: Standard C bet as the flop hits my 3-bet range but CO calls.
      Turn: I give up
      River: CO checks when the 4th club hits and I opt for a bluff because he can't call without a club and doesn't like his hand enough to throw in a value bet. Is this a decent spot for this play?

OnGame - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 115.75 BB (VPIP: 29.20, PFR: 17.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 113)
      UTG: 180.75 BB (VPIP: 24.39, PFR: 14.63, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 41)
      CO: 147.5 BB (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      Hero (BTN): 111 BB
      SB: 100.5 BB (VPIP: 11.81, PFR: 9.72, 3Bet Preflop: 6.52, Hands: 145)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: T:heart:

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 6:club: A:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 14.5 BB, CO calls 14.5 BB

Turn: (48.5 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: (48.5 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 36.5 BB......
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey K,

I think preflop is marginal. I prefer calling at NL4, makes more sense since people generally don't open raise wide ranges.

Postflop, I dislike your cbet a lot. That board also hits his preflop 3bet calling range a lot. Ax and Kx are always in his range, you have no equity. Check and give up. You should not have bluff cbets in this spot vs him. He is somewhat on the tighter side preflop, you should only have value hands, therefore actually hit this board hard and cbet for value in 99% of cases.

On the turn, giving up is fine. On the river, it's always a hard spot to say for sure. From your side, it makes sense to bluff, there's no certainty he folds Ax though. It's a good spot, he should fold enough of the time but he clearly has showdown value. I think your sizing is a bit too big. You try to make him believe you have a hand like AQ with Q :club: . Would that bet so big? I think 25bb is enough here. His range should be fairly inelastic.
    • kiwicoach
      kiwicoach
      Bronze
      Thanks! So I pretty much misplayed this one

By inelastic do you mean that his call or fold decision will be pretty much the same anyway and won't change too much based on my bet sizing?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiwicoach
      Thanks! So I pretty much misplayed this one

By inelastic do you mean that his call or fold decision will be pretty much the same anyway and won't change too much based on my bet sizing?
      Yeah, that's exactly what inelastic means. There are different levels of that though, minbetting is still called more often by many ranges and so will 100x pot shove face more folds than pot sized bets. :)