$16.87
      BU:
      $11.83
      SB:
      $12.61
      BB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.05) 4, 9, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.25) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.67, Hero calls $2.67.

River: ($9.59) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12.10, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.59.

Stats:21/17/3,2/87 hands...small sample

preflop its standard open with ATs from Co.

BB 3bets and his sizing is not big so I decide to call ,because my hand is playable post flop.

Flop missed me , but I decided to call once to see the turn,because I have bacdoor straight draw and backdoor flush draw.

I hit another heart on the turn, so I call again, because I have quit good pot odds and I know I have some implied odds with backdoor flush because he wont put me on BDFD often.

River is another spade and it could potentionally complete my flush draw .
      Villain checks and I don't think he would ever check with flush in this 3bet spot and even with sets si I decided to turn my hand into bluff and shoved it.

What do you think about my line ? I know he had only half a pot behind the line on the river but I think it would be very hard for him to call even with sets, or two pair. he has to fold 1 out of 3 times and my shove will be profitable
  • 2 replies
    • Ciufciuf5
      Ciufciuf5
      Bronze
      i'll say fold flop, you can't have more than 2 outs for backdoor flush+straight. As played call turn is a nice move imo, he doesn't expect us to have backdoor flush. River is not good for us, that spade scares him, i don't think he would call anything, overpotting is good because if called gives you max value + you can balance overpotting with busted draws.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

BB's sizing is standard in such spots and our hand doesn't really play great postflop in 3bet pots so I would fold or 4bet bluff.

Flop call looks reasonable with some backdoors.

Turn is good.

I think shoving river is good.
      Card is scary and I wouldn't expect him to c/c a hand like AA here so betting here is fine.

Best,
      Plamen