This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nd NL10 ATs

• SmallestShark
      SmallestShark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $17.64
      MP3:
      $11.77
      CO (Hero):
      $16.87
      BU:
      $11.83
      SB:
      $12.61
      BB:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.05) 4, 9, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Turn: ($4.25) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.67, Hero calls $2.67.

River: ($9.59) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12.10, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.59.

Stats:21/17/3,2/87 hands...small sample

preflop its standard open with ATs from Co.

BB 3bets and his sizing is not big so I decide to call ,because my hand is playable post flop.

Flop missed me , but I decided to call once to see the turn,because I have bacdoor straight draw and backdoor flush draw.

I hit another heart on the turn, so I call again, because I have quit good pot odds and I know I have some implied odds with backdoor flush because he wont put me on BDFD often.

River is another spade and it could potentionally complete my flush draw .
      Villain checks and I don't think he would ever check with flush in this 3bet spot and even with sets si I decided to turn my hand into bluff and shoved it.

What do you think about my line ? I know he had only half a pot behind the line on the river but I think it would be very hard for him to call even with sets, or two pair. he has to fold 1 out of 3 times and my shove will be profitable
  • 2 replies
    • Ciufciuf5
      Ciufciuf5
      Bronze
      i'll say fold flop, you can't have more than 2 outs for backdoor flush+straight. As played call turn is a nice move imo, he doesn't expect us to have backdoor flush. River is not good for us, that spade scares him, i don't think he would call anything, overpotting is good because if called gives you max value + you can balance overpotting with busted draws.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

BB's sizing is standard in such spots and our hand doesn't really play great postflop in 3bet pots so I would fold or 4bet bluff.

Flop call looks reasonable with some backdoors.

Turn is good.

I think shoving river is good.
      Card is scary and I wouldn't expect him to c/c a hand like AA here so betting here is fine.

Best,
      Plamen