University student tired of school, going for his poker dreams!

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Welcome to my poker blog where i will update my progress in Heads Up poker.

Poker career:
      I have played poker on and off for about 3 years. It all started when i was 18 when me and my friends played poker tournaments before going out into the city to party. I deposited some money on a swedish site called Svenska Spel and played just for fun. After some time i discovered the site Pokerstrategy and i started to read articles and work on my game but i never had the time or tolerance to grind up in the low stakes. One day i saw the Champions Stand Up One More Time series with Raskolnikov and i got alot of motivation to start playing more serious.
      I read Steve "IMACHAMPION" blog and he made me realise what you can do if you put your mind into it. I also got inspired from Ilideks blog and when i watched the last episode of Raskolnikovs series he stated that he wanted new students from different countries. I wrote him an email and he decided to take me in as a student. This will be the begining of my Heads Up journey and i will not be satisfied untill i reach the highest limits. I know i can do it and i got the right mentor for it. Follow my blog and you will see how i reach my dreams together with Raskolnikov aka Gordon Gekko.

About myself:
      Im a 21 years old guy from Sweden and im a student at the university in Linköping. Before i went to the university i studied to become a constructing worked but after the first practice period i felt like this is not what i want to do with my life. Becoming an ordinary person with a boring job. It felt like my life would end when i finished the education and got a job. I dident want to end my life like evryone else. Working a low paying job and only wish the days before the weekend would go faster. I decided i needed a job where i could live a wealthy life with no worries about economy so i decided to go to the university.
      I dident have the necesssary courses to apply for university so i had to study extra to get those courses. When i got into the university i was really excited but i thought i would be crushed in the hard university courses. I was supposed to be a construction worker, how could i be as smart as those kids who go to the university. It was a real challenge for me but in the end i finished the first year with the highest grade you could get. I went from being a low life construction worker to the best student in the class at the university.

When i had tasted real success for the first time in my life i wanted moore. In my second year of university i changed to a better school, something i could do becouse i had such good grades. Becouse i changed school my courses in my old school wasent the same as the ones in the new school so i had to study 200 %, double what a ordinary student studies. This putted alot of resposibility on me becouse i had to skip some classes. In the end of the year i dident attend a single class becouse i was reading alone at home instead. It was alot more effective. Now im going to start my third year and im going to study 100 % and i need something else to fill up my time. I think that poker will be a good way to challenge myself. I need to learn the disipline and it will be interesting to see if i can manage both school and poker at the same time.

Im extremely motivated to this poker project and i look forward to work with Gordon.

Short term goals:
      Do all the mastermind course homeworks
      Climb up in stakes

Long term goals:
      Earn 100 k EUR playing poker. ( This is the goal in wich i will know i have finished what i started)
  • 15 replies
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Today i started doing the homeworks in the Mastermind course. I decided to make a video where i go through the hands in Holdem manager instead of posting them here. I think just posting 10+ hands and making a comment about it will just be repetitive and boring to read.

I hope you like the video and if you do i will continue making them. This is my first video i ever made so you might hear my nervousness pouring into your speaker :) . If i continue doing those videos i will hopefully be more confident!

If you have any question or think i did anything bad in the video please let me know! Im not doing the video so you can learn i do it so i can learn. If i make a mistake or you think i played some hand wrong let me know!
    • champ44
      champ44
      Gold
      gl. i wish i would hv done the same when i was 21... but its never too late..
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you have 3bet a suited "trash hand", because your opponent folded too much to 3bets

Gordon talks about a 3step method to determine what to do when someone tries to steal from the button:

1. Can i reraise? F3: 65 % any two 60 % not very light 50 % value
      2. Can i defend? check ST stat!
      3. If not 1 or 2 then fold!

This guy has a F3 stat of 57 % wich makes it close to steal with those 2 hands. Another point about this opponent is that he is Stealing only 74% from the button so his effective calling range is (1-0.57)*0.74=31.8% ( is this calculation right?). My 3Bet range is behind his calling range most of the time so i have to be careful on the flop if he calls.

F3 stat is 56% wich is similiar to Dutchmaster but this guy has a Steal of 91% wich makes his effective calling range (1-0.56)*0.91= 40%. This guy is also very passive post flop but he has a high WTSD so bluffing him off a hand is hard. I think that the 3bet is. I get alot of implied odds from his calling station tendencies so suited connectors can work well. I shouldent 3bet very light but add some "bluffs" to my 3bet range.

This guy have high F3 and high ST so defending light is profitable. I can add more bluffs to my range. Also 3betting is better than calling becouse he is CBetting very much.

This guy has 67% fold to 3bet so i can add alot more bluffs to my range. 3Betting every single hand is profitable untill he adjust. I should punish him for raising 91% and folding alot of 3bets. He is most likely to be uncomfortable in 3bet pots since he has a low 3bet stat himself. This guy would be a perfect opponent to 3bet light, outplay him on the flop and take it from there. I have to be carefull to not spew when he calls my flop bets.

59 % F3 is high but he is not Stealing alot wich makes his effective range of calling lower. I still decided to 3bet him alot but as you can see i lost more than i gained in those pots becouse i was to aggressive post flop. I think i should work more on my 3bet postflop plays. Its easy to spew and its my biggest leak. I think my 3bets is fine but my postflop plays is bad. I have to know why i 3bet in the first place, to make him fold preflop. If he calls with this high F3 he most likely is ahead of my suited trash hands!

This is a very good exercise but i have to keep working on my post flop plays in 3bet pots.
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      I made another interesting homework where i 3Bet EVERY single hand. My opponent adapted decently by starting to 4bet me and tightend his steal range. He also started to minraise me wich is a good adaption to a frequent 3better. He should have probably adapted further by only stealing with premium hands and 4bet me when i 3bet since i had 100 % 3bet.

Here is a video of the homework, im sorry about the lag in the begining for some reason HEM 2 lagged when i tried to move the HUD.

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you have defended a 3bet, also make a note why.

I made a video doing this homework and i think that after reviewing my hands where i defended a 3bet i think that i need to start 4betting more to punish people that is 3betting to wide and have a polarized range.

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework: Post 10 hands where you 4bet somebody

All of the above hands is from the same opponent:

As you can see he 3bet me 61% so i decided to start to 4bet him and he started to fold more. The funny thing is that he did not stop 3betting me 61 % even if i started to 4bet him. We got in some very big pots together and it was very good training for me! I think that 4betting someone that 3bets alot is very profitable if he doesent adjust by lowering his 3betting range. 4bet is only a good thing to do against a frequent 3better who is folding to 4bets or plays back very little. If he calls to much 4bets i should 4bet valuerange and if he folds alot i can add alot of bluffs and just call the 3bet with my valuehands.

Post 10 hands where you get 4bet and how you react

These hands are from the same opponent and when i get 4bet with very strong hands like AA,KK etc i just shoved on him but he ended up folding. I probably lost alot of equity and i should realise that he is folding alot to my 5bets and instead of shoving the very strong hands i should have just called. Im not so confident in big pots so i tend to just shove when i get 4bet. Also if i face an opponent who is 4betting me alot i need to lower my 3bets and just 3bet a pure valuerange.
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you have called, using the exact 3step method.

For the BB preflop decisions the Mastermind course takes up 3 steps you should go through in order to make ur decision. These 3 steps are as follows:

BB 3-step

1. Can i reraise? F3: 65 % any two 60 % not very light 50 % value
      2. Can i defend? check ST stat!
      3. If not 1 or 2 then fold!

I think that my BB play is somewhat bad becouse i get lazy in the BB and i dont think about my decision long enough. When you play almost 100% in the small blind you get used to playing some bad hands and it somehow transfers to my BB calls aswell. This is something i have to work with and start thinking about in every hand. Its not hard to do, i got all the stats on my screen. I just have to take time and effort to read and understand them.

However i made a video where i talk about 20 hands i called the button steal with:

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework:
      Record a short 10 minute of yourself where you fold every hand in the Big Blind. Yes, I mean every hand, even aces. Play the lowest limit possible.

This homework was quite funny and it just shows how bad most of the opponents is at exploiting ur weaknesses. The human is programmed to think in patterns and most poker players develop a system to filter out "good" and "bad" hands. Gordon talks alot about this in the course and his philosophy is that there is only profitable or non profitable hands. If you have 72o in the big blind and your opponent has F3 100% your 3bet with 72o is profitable and therefore you should 3bet it. Now 3betting with 72o can seem like a very bad move but when you realise that your opponent is always folding, why wouldent you raise EVERY single hand? I know this example is very extreme and noone is folding 100% to 3bets, i hope you still get my point!

Before i started the course i thought in "good" or "bad" hands. Gordon have thought me to not think like profitable hands and non profitable hands instead. You have to start thinking about why you raise and why you fold. The HUD is very important tool to see your opponents leaks.

It was a fun and also boring homework, i hope you dont fall asleep watching it! :D

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Today i made some Flop chapter homeworks. I made some videos of it and here they are!

Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you continuation bet and why.

Continuation on the flop is something that i think alot of people are bad at, you often get lazy and dont think about the boards you cbet. If you figure out how your opponent reacts to different board textures there is alot of money to be made.

Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you check-call the flop with various hands and why.

Check calling the flop is something that i do to loose i think. I call with hands that i shouldent even have called preflop with. I need to have a gameplan on what to do on the turn and river, is it likely that my opponent fires again? Check calling the flop will be easier when i get better at my BB calling.

Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you checkraise the flop and why

Checkraising for value is easy but doing it as a bluff is alot more complicated i think. You have to really know how your opponent reacts. Gordon talks about people that only look at his own cards like on K55 board and he has Q8 he is most likely to fold becouse he has nothing. Then there is opponents who doesent belive me when i check raise K55 and instead calls. This opponent is more likely to fold on a wet board like 10JQ 2 suited. Becouse he thinks im repping so much and can think of all kind of hands that i could have. The first person will call here becouse he has top pair. He doesent think about the straight and flush on the board.
      If you figure out your opponents tendencies of course its not always this simple but you get my point, i hope :)

I decided to not make a video about this one but here it is!

Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you check-fold the flop.

I really have to continue work on my flop plays, think every decision through! Make notes about opponents tendencies, how does he react on different boards?
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      I did the first homeworks in the turn chapter and i discovered a huge leak in my turn play. I dont barrel enough on the turn and when i do barrel i only do it with top pair good kicker+. I miss so much value by not turn barrelling light.

Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you bet the turn with a "second pair" type hand.

Out of about 70 hands i only found 5 where i had barrelled the turn with 2 pair or less!

As you can see i only barrel with very strong hands:

When i continued with the homework to post hands where i give up it got even more clear to me that i need to barrel alot lighter on the turn. Sometimes i give up on the turn with second pairs even if the opponent has very low FCB. By barrelling alot lighter on the turn i punish him for calling me to light on the flop. Even if i have a weak hand my positional advantage will make my opponent get into hard decisions and i can make him do mistakes.

Betting has so much more advantages than checking when you have position. If i just check behind i have a hard time on the river and i get bluffed off alot. I need to loosen up my turn barrelling!

Im glad i did this homework so i could find this leak. I loose so much value from the small blind by not barrelling. When i checked the hands where i given up i fold so easily on river. Sometimes i folded second pair on river to a bet.

I have always wondered why i have more profit in the BB than i have in the SB and this is probably why. I loose so much equity by not barreling. Something i really have to work on!

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Played a session today on a swedish site. Its ussually very bad players and alot of fish on friday night and it went very good!

I think my turn barrelling was alot better now and this opponent dident seem to fold to anything.

Some of the biggest hands, these hands are in SEK and 1 dollar = 6.5 SEK.

Here is my opponents stats:

Boss $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2285139
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): $3549.28 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 57, 3B: 25, AF: 2,6, Hands: 4329
      BB: $800.00 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 38, 3B: 15, AF: 1,9, Hands: 795

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with T :spade: T :heart:
      Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $36, Hero calls $24

Flop: ($72.00) 9 :heart: T :club: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $45.00, Hero calls $45

Turn: ($162.00) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $121.50, BB calls $121.50

River: ($405.00) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $303.75, BB raises to $597.50, Hero calls $293.75

Final Pot: $1600.00
      Hero shows T :spade: T :heart:
      BB shows 9 :club: Q :club:
      Hero wins $1595.00
      (Rake: $5.00)

Boss $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2285142

Hero (BTN/SB): $2430.95 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 57, 3B: 25, AF: 2,6, Hands: 4329
      BB: $1475.68 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 38, 3B: 15, AF: 1,9, Hands: 795

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with K :club: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $36, Hero raises to $108, BB calls $72

Flop: ($216.00) 8 :spade: J :club: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($216.00) T :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $162.00, Hero calls $162

River: ($540.00) Q :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $405.00, Hero raises to $2160.95, BB folds

Boss $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2285146

Hero (BTN/SB): $2099.28 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 57, 3B: 25, AF: 2,6, Hands: 4329
      BB: $814.12 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 38, 3B: 15, AF: 1,9, Hands: 795

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with A :spade: 8 :diamond:
      Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $36, Hero calls $24

Flop: ($72.00) 3 :heart: T :spade: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $54.00, Hero calls $54

Turn: ($180.00) A :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $122.00, Hero calls $122

River: ($424.00) J :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $318.00, Hero raises to $1887.28, BB folds

Boss $400.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2285150

Hero (BTN/SB): $1253.04 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 57, 3B: 25, AF: 2,6, Hands: 4329
      BB: $457.79 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 38, 3B: 15, AF: 1,9, Hands: 795

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BTN/SB with 3 :heart: A :spade:
      Hero raises to $12, BB calls $8

Flop: ($24.00) A :heart: 6 :heart: A :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $18.00, BB calls $18

Turn: ($60.00) 2 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $45.00, BB raises to $120, Hero raises to $270, BB calls $150

River: ($600.00) 6 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $157.79, Hero calls $157.79

Final Pot: $915.58
      Hero shows 3 :heart: A :spade:
      BB shows 5 :club: T :club:
      Hero wins $910.58
      (Rake: $5.00)

He was a very tight preflop but then exploded on the flop. Sometimes he bluffraised me with air and he called me down very very light. We played over 500 hands and he dident fold to ANY of my checkraises. I was also able to tripple barrel him for value and he never folded 3rd or 2nd pairs. Also called with gutshots and backdoor draws.

Graph for today:

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Played a session on the swedish site again. The value on there is incredible, alot of calling stations. This guy litterally played every ace and he called me down mega light. WTSD stat 37%. I tried some stupid bluffs again and he called me down with ace high. I really really need to keep myself controlled and play SOLID SIMPLE poker. Bluffing these calling stations is suicide.

Graph for todays session, it was swingy coz of my bad fucking bluffs and some bad luck.

I will post some hands tommorrow but now im really tired!
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Here is some hands from the last match!

Boss $1000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2286910

Hero (BTN/SB): $5470.54 - VPIP: 66, PFR: 56, 3B: 27, AF: 2,6, Hands: 6217
      BB: $3874.49 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 36, 3B: 18, AF: 1,3, Hands: 633

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BTN/SB with 8 :club: 9 :club:
      Hero raises to $30, BB calls $20

Flop: ($60.00) 2 :heart: 8 :spade: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $45.00, Hero calls $45

Turn: ($150.00) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $113.00, Hero calls $113

River: ($376.00) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $315.00, Hero raises to $1260, BB calls $945

Boss $1000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2286912

Hero (BB): $2859.11 - VPIP: 66, PFR: 56, 3B: 27, AF: 2,6, Hands: 6217
      BTN/SB: $6567.40 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 36, 3B: 18, AF: 1,3, Hands: 633

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BB with 7 :club: 7 :diamond:
      BTN/SB raises to $30, Hero raises to $90, BTN/SB calls $60

Flop: ($180.00) 8 :diamond: 2 :spade: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $135.00, BTN/SB calls $135

Turn: ($450.00) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $337.50, BTN/SB calls $337.50

River: ($1125.00) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $843.75, BTN/SB calls $843.75

Boss $1000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 2286914

Hero (BB): $3632.29 - VPIP: 66, PFR: 56, 3B: 27, AF: 2,6, Hands: 6217
      BTN/SB: $5260.83 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 36, 3B: 18, AF: 1,3, Hands: 633

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BB with A :heart: A :diamond:
      BTN/SB raises to $30, Hero raises to $90, BTN/SB calls $60

Flop: ($180.00) T :spade: 3 :spade: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $135.00, BTN/SB calls $135

Turn: ($450.00) T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $337.50, BTN/SB calls $337.50

River: ($1125.00) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $580.00, BTN/SB calls $580
    • Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework:
      Post 20 hands where you would have (or did) bet-fold the turn instead of check-call

I only found 14 hands. You want to check call the turn if your opponent has a high BIP stat and if he is not bluffing the river alot. The ideal opponent is those who just take one stab on the turn and stop on the river. Bet fold is best to do if you opponent just c/bets and then dont bet the turn this opponent has a low BIP stat.

SB: $84.95 (169.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $225.75 (451.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: A:heart:
      SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $3

Flop: ($9) 5:diamond: 5:club: 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($9) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, SB raises to $15.50, Hero folds

Results: $21 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 5:diamond: 5:club: 8:heart: 9:heart:
      SB mucked and won $20.50 ($10 net)
      Hero mucked Q:spade: A:heart: and lost (-$10.50 net)

SB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $229.80 (459.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: 8:club:
      SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) 7:spade: 3:spade: A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.20) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $4, Hero calls $4

River: ($15.20) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Results: $15.20 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 7:spade: 3:spade: A:spade: 3:diamond: T:club:
      SB showed Q:spade: 7:club: and lost (-$7.60 net)
      Hero showed A:diamond: 8:club: and won $14.70 ($7.10 net)

SB: $52.75 (105.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $239.30 (478.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: Q:diamond:

Flop: ($3) 4:spade: Q:club: 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7) K:spade: (2 players)

River: ($15) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Results: $15 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 4:spade: Q:club: 3:spade: K:spade: 3:heart:
      SB showed 9:diamond: T:spade: and lost (-$7.50 net)
      Hero showed 9:heart: Q:diamond: and won $14.50 ($7 net)

Hero (BB): $55.30 (110.6 bb)
      SB: $50.75 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: 4:heart:

Flop: ($3) 5:heart: A:heart: 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.20) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($7.20) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, SB folds

Results: $7.20 pot ($0.35 rake)
      Final Board: 5:heart: A:heart: 7:spade: 9:diamond: 4:club:
      Hero mucked A:spade: 4:heart: and won $6.85 ($3.25 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$3.60 net)

Hero (BB): $175.15 (350.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6:club: T:club:

Flop: ($3) 4:diamond: 4:spade: 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($6) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($6) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, SB folds

Results: $6 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: 4:diamond: 4:spade: 6:diamond: Q:club: 5:club:
      SB mucked and lost (-$3 net)
      Hero mucked 6:club: T:club: and won $5.70 ($2.70 net)

Hero (BB): $157.55 (315.1 bb)
      SB: $58.35 (116.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:spade: J:diamond:
      SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2) 6:club: 4:club: 8:diamond: (2 players)

Turn: ($5) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($5) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $3.50, Hero folds

Results: $5 pot ($0.25 rake)
      Final Board: 6:club: 4:club: 8:diamond: 6:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero mucked 8:spade: J:diamond: and lost (-$2.50 net)
      SB mucked and won $4.75 ($2.25 net)

Hero (BB): $63.45 (126.9 bb)
      SB: $24.05 (48.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: K:diamond:

Flop: ($2) 9:spade: 3:spade: T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.40) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($4.40) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, SB folds

Results: $4.40 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: 9:spade: 3:spade: T:heart: J:spade: 6:heart:
      Hero mucked 9:diamond: K:diamond: and won $4.20 ($2 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$2.20 net)

SB: $82.65 (165.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $27.45 (54.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: 5:spade:

Flop: ($2) 2:club: T:diamond: 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($2) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3.80, Hero folds

Results: $4 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: 2:club: T:diamond: 9:heart: 5:heart:
      SB mucked and won $3.80 ($1.80 net)
      Hero mucked Q:heart: 5:spade: and lost (-$2 net)

Hero (BB): $55.80 (111.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: 6:heart:

Flop: ($2) K:diamond: 8:club: T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($4) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Board: K:diamond: 8:club: T:spade: T:heart: J:heart:
      SB mucked and lost (-$2 net)
      Hero mucked K:club: 6:heart: and won $3.80 ($1.80 net)

Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $42.55 (85.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: 9:club:

Flop: ($2) 9:heart: 3:club: A:spade: (2 players)

Turn: ($4) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($4) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, SB folds

Final Board: 9:heart: 3:club: A:spade: 7:club: 6:heart:
      Hero mucked 5:club: 9:club: and won $3.80 ($1.80 net)

SB: $103.50 (207 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:heart: 7:heart:

Flop: ($2) 9:heart: K:heart: 3:club: (2 players)

Turn: ($4) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($4) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Board: 9:heart: K:heart: 3:club: Q:heart: 9:spade:
      Hero mucked 4:heart: 7:heart: and won $3.80 ($1.80 net)

SB: $55.50 (111 bb)
      Hero (BB): $29.05 (58.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: 4:heart:

Flop: ($2) 6:club: K:diamond: T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($3) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

Results: $5 pot ($0.25 rake)
      Final Board: 6:club: K:diamond: T:diamond: T:heart: 7:spade:
      SB showed 2:diamond: K:club: and won $2.35 (-$0.15 net)
      Hero showed K:spade: 4:heart: and won $2.40 (-$0.10 net)

Homework:
      Post 5 hands where you check-call for the correct reason

SB: $51 (102 bb)
      Hero (BB): $75.50 (151 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: 5:heart:

Flop: ($2) Q:club: 6:spade: 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.60) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: ($10.60) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $15.90, Hero raises to $70.20 and is all-in, SB folds

Results: $42.40 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: Q:club: 6:spade: 4:heart: K:heart: 3:heart:
      SB mucked and lost (-$21.20 net)
      Hero mucked 9:heart: 5:heart: and won $41.90 ($20.70 net)

SB: $75.15 (150.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $82 (164 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: 6:club:

Flop: ($3) 2:diamond: 5:diamond: 6:heart: (2 players)

Turn: ($7) 8:club: (2 players)

River: ($15) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $5, Hero raises to $11.50, SB calls $6.50

Results: $38 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 2:diamond: 5:diamond: 6:heart: 8:club: T:spade:
      SB mucked K:diamond: K:heart: and lost (-$19 net)
      Hero showed 5:club: 6:club: and won $37.50 ($18.50 net)

Hero (BB): $151 (302 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: K:spade:

Flop: ($3) 6:heart: 6:club: 7:diamond: (2 players)

Turn: ($7) 4:diamond: (2 players)

River: ($15) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Results: $15 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 6:heart: 6:club: 7:diamond: 4:diamond: A:spade:
      SB showed 5:spade: 5:diamond: and lost (-$7.50 net)
      Hero showed 7:heart: K:spade: and won $14.50 ($7 net)

SB: $56.65 (113.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $123.50 (247 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: 9:club:

Flop: ($2) 8:club: 8:heart: 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.30) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $4.45, Hero calls $4.45

River: ($14.20) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Results: $14.20 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 8:club: 8:heart: 9:diamond: 2:club: 6:club:
      SB showed 6:diamond: 5:club: and lost (-$7.10 net)
      Hero showed J:heart: 9:club: and won $13.70 ($6.60 net)

SB: $66.05 (132.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: 8:spade:

Flop: ($2) K:diamond: 4:spade: J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.30) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $4.45, Hero calls $4.45

River: ($14.20) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Results: $14.20 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: K:diamond: 4:spade: J:diamond: 2:heart: T:heart:
      SB showed 3:diamond: 7:diamond: and lost (-$7.10 net)
      Hero showed K:club: 8:spade: and won $13.70 ($6.60 net)

This would be a good player to check call the turn against, he is likely to barrell two times and in the match i saw him do it very light.

• Defailer
      Defailer
      Bronze
      Homework:
      Post 5 hands where you checkraise the turn. Explain why.

SB: $62.70 (125.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): $120.20 (240.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: J:club:
      SB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 3:spade: 6:spade: 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($10) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $6, Hero raises to $13.50, SB calls $7.50

River: ($37) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $18, SB raises to $44.20 and is all-in, Hero calls $26.20

Results: $125.40 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 3:spade: 6:spade: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 2:heart:
      SB showed 8:diamond: 4:heart: and won $124.90 ($62.20 net)
      Hero mucked 5:club: J:club: and lost (-$62.70 net)

I checkraised the turn becouse i have trips and i think that i get value from alot of draws, both straights and flush draw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SB: $59.35 (118.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $65.50 (131 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:club: 9:heart:

Flop: ($3) 8:diamond: 6:heart: 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($12) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $6.50, Hero raises to $14, SB calls $7.50

River: ($40) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $25, SB calls $25

Results: $90 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 8:diamond: 6:heart: 3:club: 7:heart: 5:heart:
      SB mucked 7:spade: 6:club: and lost (-$45 net)
      Hero showed T:club: 9:heart: and won $89.50 ($44.50 net)

I checkraised both the flop and the turn. When i checkraise the flop it was becouse he had a FCR of 0 so he never folded. I guess he does this becouse he thinks im bluffing so i checked the turn and he raised me again so i reraised his raise. I think that he calls my turn checkraise very light since he does it on the flop he is most likely to do it on the turn aswell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero (BB): $56.70 (113.4 bb)
      SB: $77.05 (154.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: A:heart:

Flop: ($3) 8:heart: 6:heart: 8:diamond: (2 players)

Turn: ($6) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $2, Hero raises to $5.50, SB calls $3.50

River: ($17) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13, SB folds

Results: $17 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 8:heart: 6:heart: 8:diamond: 7:club: 2:heart:
      Hero mucked 9:heart: A:heart: and won $16.50 ($8 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$8.50 net)

On this turn i pick up a open ender and i already have a flush draw so im check raising the turn for value. I check raise becouse if the river is a hearth or a 10 or 5 i complete my draw but he will most likely not raise the river, there is to many scare cards for him on the river that makes him less likely to get the money in and just check behind or call my donk bet.

Hero (BB): $4,327.17 (432.7 bb)
      SB: $5,049.44 (504.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: Q:spade:
      SB raises to $30, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($60) J:spade: T:club: 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $45, Hero calls $45

Turn: ($150) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $112.50, Hero raises to $300, SB calls $187.50

River: ($750) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $562.50, SB calls $562.50

Results: $1,875 pot ($5 rake)
      Final Board: J:spade: T:club: 6:spade: 9:heart: K:heart:
      Hero showed 7:spade: Q:spade: and won $1,870 ($932.50 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$937.50 net)

Same as last hand i want to get the money in on the turn becouse there is so many scare cards that kills my action on the river. This opponent was a huge station with 39 WTSD and very passive.

Hero (BB): $3,702.29 (370.2 bb)
      SB: $5,171.86 (517.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: 2:club:
      SB raises to $25, Hero calls $15

Flop: ($50) K:spade: A:spade: 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $37.50, Hero calls $37.50

Turn: ($125) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $93.75, Hero raises to $250, SB calls $156.25

River: ($625) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $468.75, SB folds

Results: $625 pot ($5 rake)
      Final Board: K:spade: A:spade: 4:heart: K:diamond: 7:heart:
      Hero showed K:heart: 2:club: and won $620 ($307.50 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$312.50 net)

I check raise the turn for obvious reasons if he shoves on me i might fold becouse he had a Aggression factor of only 1.3 and he almost never checkraised me without the nuts. I also know that he plays every single ace and he was a huge station so i would think he can call with almost all of those aces.