This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 river decision?

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $11.59 (58 bb)
      UTG: $20.80 (104 bb)
      MP: $14.35 (71.8 bb)
      CO: $2.84 (14.2 bb)
      BTN: $6.96 (34.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $32.75 (163.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      UTG raises to $0.60, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, UTG calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.20) 9 2 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.52, UTG calls $2.52

Turn: ($9.24) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.40, UTG calls $5.40

River: ($20.04) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $10.88 and is all-in, Hero ?(

villain is 19/14 over 300 hands ~70% fold to 3bet at the time. i have no notes on him, never even got into any big hands with him either. his 3bet stat is 4% which imo looks pretty weak and so i assume he's a nitty weak regular.

preflop i prefer 3betting even tho he's nitty - i think his range is tight enough for him to call with hands like AQ and QQ, JJ, maybe TT and maybe more PPs.

no reason to check the flop so i just bet for vlaue vs QQ JJ TT FDs and floats if he wants.

same reason on the turn and now some floats turn equity. so i just bet to build a pot for the river.

on the river i think this is possibly one of the worst cards in the deck besides a T or J. i think his range for getting to the river is this: JJ-TT, AdAh, AdAs, QdQh, QdQc, QhQc, 9d9s, 9d9c, 9s9c, AcKc, AhQh, AcQc, AhJh, AcJc --- i gave him a couple AA combos just in case, along with 99 and TT which i dont think is a huge stretch.

if i bet, he folds all bluffs which are busted FDs. he folds JJ and TT mostly as well... there are only 2 combos of hands: AcQc and AhQh that he can call with when i bet. so i check. against his calling range of QQ,99,AdAh,AdAs,AhQh,AcQc -- i have 20% equity here.

if i check i think he checks back with JJ, TT. maybe he also checks back with busted FDs - in general i assume people play these passively but its a good spot to bluff i think.... if he has busted FDs in his jamming range, i have 38.5% equity and so i get the odds to call here. if he doesn't jam them (which i really think is a big possibility) then again i have 20% and don't get the odds to call.

if he never has AA here i still only get 25% equity so not a call. if he never has AA or 99 here then i have 40% so looks like a call... but if he has even just 2 combos of AA my equity drobs to 28.5% and again its really close if we think about rake here.

what to do?! i guess it just comes down to assumptions - and he seems like a bad reg so i think he wont bluff busted draws on the river...
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

I think folding is clearly out of the question so it's between a shove and a c/c. I think this is definitely a shove here because he should often put you on a busted flush draw yourself and call down lighter with TT/JJ