seacat22

• 22 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey seacat22,

Welcome to the forum and the beginner's course!

Good idea to take the course. It should definitely help you get off to a great start in poker!

Bogdan, your coach during the course, will be with you shortly. In the meantime, why not try to do the first homework already? :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      thanks for the welcome where is the home work?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello seacat22,

Welcome to the course.

I will be the coach that will help you through your journey.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)
      I wish to become a winning recreational player at nl25 sh , i used to be Awinning player at low stakes 1 table sng until all the information and mass multi tabling happened. I think this will be more of an intellectual challange
      I have started to play the nl2 fr at 770

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)
      lots ....
      low tolerance to computer problems eg disconnects
      folding too much
      having no idea where i am in a hand
      playing too much hit to win
      only being concerned with my cards and the board

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)
      play fewer hands but good ones,raising or folding rarely calling,getting position on your opponent,avoiding marginal or difficult situations.
      advantages
      win more money in long run
      avoid guessing and mental fatigue of difficult situations
      ,giving you spare mental capacity to make sure you get best value for hands played
      steal more due to tight image
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi seacat22,

Congrats on finishing the first homework.

Good work in making your answers as detailed as possible.

Keep up with it,

Best of luck,

Bogdan
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      thanks for the feedback
      working on next part of course what is the fastest way to find course from logging in ?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey seacat

Yeah the forums take a bit of getting used to but after a while they are a lot easier to navigate. From the homepage go to forum then under the heading Poker Strategy and Hand Evaluations and it's under the sub-heading No Limit It should be the first subforum. Alternatively to navigate yourself to your beginner's homework thread on the homepage there is a link titled 'Your last forum posts' directly above 'Next coachings'.

Also in the forum section if this area seems crowded you can collapse the ones you don't want to see by clicking the - (minus) sign directly to the left of the headings in red. Hope this helped.

Regards,
      Luke
    • prijsduifke
      prijsduifke
      Bronze
      I bookmark the articles/videos/... always and give them handy names... So if i open chrome and type in addressbar something like "vid bogdan" than it takes me to the videosection filtered on bogdan.. Maybe you can do the same for starting page of the NL course? :)
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      thanks for the input guys i thought i was going mad
      I do use a method but it is a bit of messing about which is not the best user
      experience
      Would it be possible to put a quick link on front page?
      Love the site and content just a surgestion
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Great suggestions there guys,

Let's see if the moderators can do something about it :)
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?)

I would widen my range in late position, playing the chart gives me stats of 11/9 too easy to read get no action on big hands would also 66+ from early position to balance range.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. ( Post your hand in the Hand evaluation forums and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)
      When maniacs 100bb shove all in preflop what hands should I call with and what hands for ss when I am 100bb
      what hands to defend BB from TAG btn raises

Have posted hand but do not know how to do link

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab.)

46.32% from equilab
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      AK nl2 hit trips too passive?
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)

22 2nl hit set best line to get value oop

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users.)

I tried to find a hand that was not evaluated but the judges are way too efficient did this one will try again for a fresh one

QJ plus pair on flop

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

rule of thumb 2% for each out and each street 10 outs 2 streets =40%
      equilab =41.41%
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Seacat,

Congrats on homework #2 and #3,

Even if a hand is evaluated by a judge you can still go in and leave your comments. Just try to ignore the judges comments until after you make your post then you can compare the results :)

If you have specific questions you can always post them here (hands included) and I will get back to you.

Best of luck,

Bogdan
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      question 1 equity 41%

hand evaluated by me NL4 Q3s in sb

hand posted by me JJ NL10 FR Spewey play?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by seacat22
      question 1 equity 41%

hand evaluated by me NL4 Q3s in sb

hand posted by me JJ NL10 FR Spewey play?
      Homework 4 is complete as well.

I liked your response and the effort you put into writing it.

Did you find it helpful for your own game to do something like that?
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      my hand for evaluation
      j10s in sb 10nl fr

my hand evaluation struggling to find fr hand to evaluate
      Nl10 Fr Qq

Question 3: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (7-handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($8)
      MP2 ($9)
      CO ($10)
      Hero($10)
      SB ($10) (17/13/2.6/24/1212) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      BB ($10) (27/9/2.0/29/333) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6Diamond , 7Diamond
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 3Diamond , 3Heart , TDiamond (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.20) JDiamond (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, Hero...

What action would you take, and why?
      The first thing I would do is slap myself hard for playing 67 against such a loose passive BB I am amazed he did not raise me, Still that should eliminate TT and JJ from his and the sbs range.So that leaves slow played quads such a small part of their range I will ignore it. 3x hands the only hands likely to call would be a3s or a3o 34s if either villain had a 3 they would bet on flop for protection against fd. This leaves higher flush or someone chasing a draw with Ad x
      So I think we are ahead here and want to raise for value to protect our hand since I only have a small flush and charge draws to a higher flush enough so they can't draw profitably about $4.

Question 4: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (8-handed)

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($8)
      MP ($10)
      MP2 ($9)
      MP3 ($6)
      Hero ($10)
      BU ($10) (25/21/3.8/26/1250) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with JHeart , JSpade
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU 3-bets to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($2.75) 6Heart , 9Spade , TClub (2 players)
      Hero...

What action would you take, and why?

I am not giving BB much credit for his positional raise because of his stats. i would c/r him on flop to keep him in line not just in this hand but also because he has position on me in later hands.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Remember to post your homework into your original thread :]

I've merged it in for you though!
    • seacat22
      seacat22
      Gold
      on sunday 1 dec you did a live session
      on your fr tables you open raised 3.5bb early and 2.5bb on btn
      is this a better way than 3bb from all positions

and I probably am answering my own question here if it is better or more advanced is it a useful tell that villain is a thinking or advanced player if he uses it at 10nl

p s I liked the way the mouse highlighted table with action it was easier to follow