Looking for some info on Thailand/Philippines(poker flat-wise)

• Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Hi,

Me and two other guys(Demonic226/IvicaIliev77) have an idea of moving to Thailand or Philippines in the beginning of the next year(while it is fucking cold in our countries, and I wanted to start this thread in order to ask for some info about living expenses/good areas in those countries, other general info.

All feedback is welcome!

P.S.

If there are any other guys that want to team up for poker flat - speak up!
  • 8 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      What games/stakes you play? For how long are you planning to stay? Are other locations (Macao) considered?
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Wish you best of luck, guys!

:* :* :*
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      What games/stakes you play? For how long are you planning to stay? Are other locations (Macao) considered?
      We are all midstakes SNG players - I personally play 15-60$ 6max on stars.
      I am thinking of something like 3-6 months, maybe more, minimum 3.

I personally don't know much about Macao, I guess others don't know much as well... If it is a good option we might consider it (beach/night life/ relatively low living costs are all important criteria :P )
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Wish you best of luck, guys!

:* :* :*
      Thanks for the support but I will leave for the other two to return your kissed ;)
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Macao is fairly expensive iirc. Part of Hong Kong. HK is generally very expensive compared to the other Chinese cities.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gavron23
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      We are all midstakes SNG players - I personally play 15-60$ 6max on stars.
      I am thinking of something like 3-6 months, maybe more, minimum 3.

I personally don't know much about Macao, I guess others don't know much as well... If it is a good option we might consider it (beach/night life/ relatively low living costs are all important criteria :P )
      Alright then. Then this doesn't quite match for what i'm searching for. Gl anyway!
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I have some friends that did this and they lived like kings.

I may be wrong, but our very own Erik Stenqvist lives (or lived) there, so he would be a good guy to ask

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/profile/ErikStenqvist
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info, Barry! I will try to get in touch with him.
      If not for kings, we can at least go for Dukes (of hazard) :s_biggrin: