This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Looking for some info on Thailand/Philippines(poker flat-wise)

• Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Hi,

Me and two other guys(Demonic226/IvicaIliev77) have an idea of moving to Thailand or Philippines in the beginning of the next year(while it is fucking cold in our countries, and I wanted to start this thread in order to ask for some info about living expenses/good areas in those countries, other general info.

All feedback is welcome!

P.S.

If there are any other guys that want to team up for poker flat - speak up!
  • 8 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      What games/stakes you play? For how long are you planning to stay? Are other locations (Macao) considered?
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Wish you best of luck, guys!

:* :* :*
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      What games/stakes you play? For how long are you planning to stay? Are other locations (Macao) considered?
      We are all midstakes SNG players - I personally play 15-60$ 6max on stars.
      I am thinking of something like 3-6 months, maybe more, minimum 3.

I personally don't know much about Macao, I guess others don't know much as well... If it is a good option we might consider it (beach/night life/ relatively low living costs are all important criteria :P )
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Wish you best of luck, guys!

:* :* :*
      Thanks for the support but I will leave for the other two to return your kissed ;)
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Macao is fairly expensive iirc. Part of Hong Kong. HK is generally very expensive compared to the other Chinese cities.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Originally posted by Gavron23
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      We are all midstakes SNG players - I personally play 15-60$ 6max on stars.
      I am thinking of something like 3-6 months, maybe more, minimum 3.

I personally don't know much about Macao, I guess others don't know much as well... If it is a good option we might consider it (beach/night life/ relatively low living costs are all important criteria :P )
      Alright then. Then this doesn't quite match for what i'm searching for. Gl anyway!
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I have some friends that did this and they lived like kings.

I may be wrong, but our very own Erik Stenqvist lives (or lived) there, so he would be a good guy to ask

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/profile/ErikStenqvist
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info, Barry! I will try to get in touch with him.
      If not for kings, we can at least go for Dukes (of hazard) :s_biggrin: