This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - AA

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $28.38 (283.8 bb)
      SB: $32.37 (323.7 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $13.28 (132.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $14.08 (140.8 bb)
      CO: $9.65 (96.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($1) J 2 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70, SB folds

Turn: ($2.40) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40

River: ($5.20) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Villain is 19/15 over 71 hands.

Pre flop is a standard open of course.

On the flop I have a pretty standard value bet. I think I could have made this a bit larger though, potentially? Not much, but I think a bet of $0.80-$0.85 would make them call the same range here, 3way. If they have a flush draw they'll call anyway, if they have a J they'll call anyway. Maybe a larger bet will fold out smaller pairs though.

On the turn I have another value bet again. Now that it's heads up and the board doesn't change that much unless he called with A3s. I think I should have bet bigger here, just to try and extract as much value as possible here. I don't see him folding a J or flush draw here very often. Again though, he might fold TT-66 if I bet too big here.

The river will be a pretty scary card for most of his range here. If he had a flush draw he just busted and will just fold to another bet, and since every A or 6 has a straight now it's going to be tough to get value from a J or pocket pair.

I decided to check, as that allows him to potentially bluff with his busted flush draws, or maybe even turn some of his one pair type hands into a bluff, though I'd expect him to check behind with such hands most of the time.

When he bets this small it's of course an easy call with the wheel straight.

Could I have played this any differently?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Tino,

I agree with your line here. I would only change your bet sizing on the turn mainly. Flop is OK-ish (can be bigger, not necessary)but turn is way too small imo. River logic is sound and I think, although you can vbet, it's not necessariliy the best line. I think check/call with get you more value here generally.