[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - AA

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $28.38 (283.8 bb)
      SB: $32.37 (323.7 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $13.28 (132.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $14.08 (140.8 bb)
      CO: $9.65 (96.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($1) J 2 5 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70, SB folds

Turn: ($2.40) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, CO calls $1.40

River: ($5.20) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Villain is 19/15 over 71 hands.

Pre flop is a standard open of course.

On the flop I have a pretty standard value bet. I think I could have made this a bit larger though, potentially? Not much, but I think a bet of $0.80-$0.85 would make them call the same range here, 3way. If they have a flush draw they'll call anyway, if they have a J they'll call anyway. Maybe a larger bet will fold out smaller pairs though.

On the turn I have another value bet again. Now that it's heads up and the board doesn't change that much unless he called with A3s. I think I should have bet bigger here, just to try and extract as much value as possible here. I don't see him folding a J or flush draw here very often. Again though, he might fold TT-66 if I bet too big here.

The river will be a pretty scary card for most of his range here. If he had a flush draw he just busted and will just fold to another bet, and since every A or 6 has a straight now it's going to be tough to get value from a J or pocket pair.

I decided to check, as that allows him to potentially bluff with his busted flush draws, or maybe even turn some of his one pair type hands into a bluff, though I'd expect him to check behind with such hands most of the time.

When he bets this small it's of course an easy call with the wheel straight.

Could I have played this any differently?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Tino,

I agree with your line here. I would only change your bet sizing on the turn mainly. Flop is OK-ish (can be bigger, not necessary)but turn is way too small imo. River logic is sound and I think, although you can vbet, it's not necessariliy the best line. I think check/call with get you more value here generally.