This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Zoom - AKo

• TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $18.29 (182.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10.68 (106.8 bb)
      BB: $10.29 (102.9 bb)
      UTG: $21.57 (215.7 bb)
      MP: $14.59 (145.9 bb)
      CO: $32.50 (325 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.90) A 7 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

Turn: ($3.90) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($7.40) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Villain is 31/26 over 75 hands, seems quite spewy.

Pre flop I have an easy 3bet for value.

On the flop it's another easy bet for value. Worse Ax will definitely call here and pocket pairs will probably also call at least one street.

On the turn I decided to stop betting. Though I don't expect him to fold hands like AQ/AJ here very often, I do think he's going to fold all his second pair and air type hands when I bet again. Since he appeared to be quite spewy, I decided to go into check/call mode on the turn and river, to potentially let him bluff with these hands. If he has Ax he's going to bet twice anyway, just like he'll call two bets. But if he has air he might bet twice or at least once, whereas he will just fold if I bet again on the turn.

Fine line to take here, or would it be better to value bet the turn again myself?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi Tino,

In a 3bet pot vs CO, you should bet/bet/shove. The thing is, most of his defending range is Ax and midpairs so Ax calls, midpairs might or not call but definitely don't bet. Weak Ax doesn't bet either. Betting all the way is how you should go.