[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJo, flop middle pair, easy fold?

• rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      I guess this is an easy fold, just wanted to make sure:

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($3.91)
      SB ($13.58)
      BB ($3.80)
      UTG ($5)
      MP1 ($9.90)
      MP2 ($1.29)
      Hero (CO) ($1.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises $0.50, 1 fold, SB calls $0.45, BB calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.60) K:diamond: , J:club: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $1, 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.60 | Rake: $0.08

Results in white below:
      SB didn't show
      Outcome: SB won $2.52
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'd play it the same. Sometimes granted the villain won't have the king and you could have the best hand, but why would you want to risk your money? :)
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I'd play it the same. Sometimes granted the villain won't have the king and you could have the best hand, but why would you want to risk your money? :)
      because you invested some money in play and if you fold every time you lost lot of money against bluffs ? ;) and even bluffs you can beat with 3 aces and 2 jacks
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Horin
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      because you invested some money in play and if you fold every time you lost lot of money against bluffs ? ;) and even bluffs you can beat with 3 aces and 2 jacks
      But calling a bluff here would take that you have some info on the villain. If not you would never know if he is bluffing.

5BB are invested. I think you need a better hand than middle pair to invest another 10BB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      To everyone:
      I'm just starting to comment hands. If my comments are good I'd love to know. If they are not so good I would really like to know that too. Thanks.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      1.60 in pot, you have middle pair, top kicker. You have 1.35 left so villian calls your (.35) all-in everytime. Pot odds = 2.95 / 1.35 or 2.1:1
      2 cards to go and you have 5 outs or 4:1 hand odds

Also, if you were re-raised pre-flop you are again in a margin (2.7:1 ratio), IMO your hand looks even better post-flop, I admit, I would have been all-in after the flop.

The BB calls with any 2 (non-rag) cards as he calls .40 into 1.2 pot (3:1) odds, but gets all your money if he hits (implied odds) SB has a bigger chip stack and knows the BB has to fold the flop with the SS yet to act. IF the SB sees you as a tight player, then thats a steal. Otherwise, he has a K, or is donk betting. All speculation tho :)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi rowzee,

I would just fold to this donk make a note that he donks into you on a k high board when this happens more often you have to raise at a certain point.